2002 Youth Teams Rolloff

P

Pedro

Bowlers are advised that the Team for both Youth Boys and Girls will be selected by a Rolloff at Mentone Bowl during the weekend of 13/14th April 2002.
The Youth Teams will be selected by the first 2 bowlers from points attained at the rolloff and the next two positions will be selected from the remainder of bwolers in the Youth National Training Squad (NTS).

This rolloff will be conducted as part of the Brunswick Goldpin Youth Cup.

This tournament will be ranked and open to bowlers who have not reached their 23rd birthday on the 1st January 2002.

Any Youth Bowler can rolloff for the first 2 places in the team but only NTS members can be selected in the remaining positions. More information available shortly.

Any bowlers who are successful in the rolloff and are not current members of the NTS, will have to sign down on the same criteria as the NTS.

NTS applications are now being perused and it is ecpected that the 2002 NTS will be announced during the early part of January 2002.

The above is courtesy of "TBA Dec 2001 Tenpin Topics".

Why did i even bother!!!

what was even the point of having NST applications. i thort that you had 2 be selected in 2 a group of 20 & thay roll off 4 the team?????
also the top 10 of the rankings makes it atuomaticly...i bowld my ass off in as manny tornies as i could 2 make the top 10 & now it doesnt matter because the roll offs are an open tornment...

Why is this so ?????
icon_confused.gif

There, there Kim....

I'll explain it all to you next time i see you

In realty, NTS members will have a double chance.

I'll have the entry forms available early this week and will make it downloadablefrom the web site.

im gonna have to agree with kimiana on this one. i thought the same thing as her, although i didnt get to bowl as many tournaments as her, i know what she is saying! i have always been under the impression that u had to make the NTS to make fiq and u had to meet certain criteria. now i have heard that people who havent even met the criteria have made the squad?? if so what is the point in making up a squad? yeah sure it gives other people a chance to make fiq, but it takes away some of the proud in making the squad.
anyway that is just my opinion and as always no matter what i will be there trying my best to make it! its gonna be a tough one this year! goodluck to all

Leanne,

NTS members haven't even been announced yet so how do you know if some of those that have made it don't comply?

if u read my post correctly i said i have been told and i was asking if it was true and what i have also been told is they have announced the nts team and letters are being sent out. now i dont know how true it is, although i have been told by a number of youth bowlers. if this is wrong please correct me, tho i was only asking if it was true about those bowlers

I believe NTS Letters have not yet been sent. The person assigneed to send these out has been rushed to hospital with chest pains and has only just returned to work today after an angiograph.

There is a major benefit to being on the NTS.

Imagine you are driving to the Roll off and you get a flat tyre and can not make check-in.

You have another NTS member in the car with you. You are both favoured to make the team at the roll off.

Last year you would have missed out.

This year you can still be selected.

FYI, a little over 2 months before this tournament and we already have 50 entries.

As of today (28.02.2002) we now have 71 (42 boys and 29 girls) entries and with 15 NTS members still to confirm their entry. We are trying to juggle the squad format in order to fit more than 80 bowlers into this tournament - 90 is a real possibility.

It's certainly nice to be able to juggle the format slightly in order to accommodate more entries than expected.

As a result the prize pool will most definitely increase and we'll probably pay further down the field. A 1 in 3 payout appears reasonable.

For those of you who haven't entered - I'd say that we may be closing entries earlier than the advertised date - so you'd better be quick.

Pedro,

How are you doing? I was just wondering when do we find out if we selected to bowl in the 2002 Youth Roll offs. Seeing there are so many entries how will we find out if we are bowling in the event or not?

Thanks l hope that made some sense to you...

Brad,

You are one of the earlier entries and at this stage you are listed to bowl in B Squad.

You are the 14th entry outside of NTS.

However, we note that you have not sent us your deposit. To secure this spot in the tournament you will need to send us this deposit prior to the closing date in order for this spot to be held open for you.

At this time we have only 3 spots available - now that we have extended the field to 90 entries. It is very unlikely that we will extend the field past 90.

Back
Top Bottom