5TH ASIAN SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP

P

Pedro

Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited will be hosting the 5th Asian School Championship from the 4th to 10th April 2002 at the Ed Fleming Lanes, Melbourne Victoria.

TBA will field (4) teams comprising 2 x 4 girls and 2 x 4 boys who will represent Australia in this international event.

Bowlers who are 18yrs of age and under as of the 1st January 2002, have the opportunity to participate in the roll-off which will be held on the 9th and 10th February 2002 at Ed Fleming Lanes. Players will be selected on the basis of where they finish at the completion of an 18 game roll-off bowling singles, doubles and trios in an FIQ format.

Eligibility:
Nominating bowlers must;
 Be 18yrs of age and under as of the 1st January 2002
 Hold a current TBA Registered Player’s card
 Be an Australian Citizen
 Bowl in a TBA Accredited league competition during
2001 and 2002
 Be a Full Time secondary school, TAFE, or university student
 Provide four (4) passport size photos with nomination
 Pay a $20 nomination fee (Attach payment)
Rolloff:
9th and 10th February 2002
Ed Fleming Lanes, 14 Manchester Road, Mooroolbark
(Event times to be confirmed)

Cost: $220 (Less $20 Nomination fee).
Bowlers are required to meet their own travel and accommodation costs to and during the roll-off.
Closing Date Nominations close as of the 14th January 2002

ROLL-OFF NOMINATION FORMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FROM YOUR LOCAL CENTRE.

Can't find them at your local centre (some narrow minded centre managers throw these straight in the bin when they learn that it is not being held in their centre), then pop me an email and I will attach it to a return email.

[email protected]

Filled in applications should be sent to

Tenpin Bowling Australia Ltd
P.O. Box 239
Beenleigh QLD 4207

Attention: June Voukolos

This detail is missing on the form.

I have two questions:-

1. Do you get matched with your team and doubles partner for this event or do you have to find your own??

2. How are they selecting is it first 8 past the post or what??

Thanks

Sazz
icon_smile.gif

Players will be selected on the basis of where they finish at the completion of an 18 game roll-off bowling singles, doubles and trios in an FIQ format.

It will be your All Events from the above format which will count, so it will not matter who you are paired up with in doubles or trios.

First 7 boys and 7 girls will make the team. Automatic team selection is given to the top average girl and boy at this year's President Shield as long as they comply with the tournament requirements, ie Under 18 as at 01.01.2002 and still attending school. At the moment this is Leisa Lumsden and Andrew Blissett.

The tournament committee will be contacting these 2 to see if they comply sometime in early 2002. Should they not comply then this spot will be offered to the next highest finishing bowler at the 2001 President Shield that complies.

The reason I ask this, is that isnt FIQ top 3 or 4 and select 1.

Just wondering why they would change it??

Thanks

Sazz....
icon_smile.gif

A word from June Voukolos :

5TH ASIAN SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP ROLL-OFF UPDATE

9th and 10th February 2002
Ed Fleming Lanes
14 Manchester Road, Mooroolbark, Victoria

Nominations Close 14th January 2002

Dear Bowler,

Please find attached a copy of the Roll-off nomination for the 5th Asian School Championship.

Due to the overwhelming response to this event, TBA have decided to allow all nominating bowlers the opportunity to roll-off for Representative Team selection instead of eliminating bowlers through the smaller Training Squad.

TBA requires everyone who had previously submitted an application to be a member of the School Age National Training Squad, to complete the attached form. People, who have already supplied photos, are not required to provide any additional photos.

Please remember the criteria for nomination is very stringent. You must be a full-time student at Secondary School, TAFE or University. You will be required to show proof of this attendance at the roll-off.

Yours sincerely,

JUNE VOUKOLOS
Chairperson

Hi,
I have a question regarding the entry fee of $220 minus the $20 nomination fee. Do I send that now or pay when I arrive??

Game on
Since both TBA and the centre need to know who is actually rolling off, you need to send the full amount with your nomination form. Get that nomination in now and see you in Melb in Feb
Andrew.

So andrew your saying send the whole amount up front or the $20 nomination. Which is correct $220 or $20

we have already sent 20.00 in november as this was the original requirement. do we need to pay the 200.00 now or can it be paid in feb at the tournament?

OK so ive read the nomination form again and it says and i quote "Pay a $20 nomination fee {attach payment}" Now i've done that and sent everything else that is required photos etc. You are now telling me that my spot is not confirmed until i pay the extra $200 Which i had intended to pay at check in {which is the normal procedure at tormements.

Now it says nominations close 14th January so im assuming if i have read it straight that i am required to send my nomination plus $20 by the 14th january to confirm my spot. Could somebody tell us what is going on as the way i read it you dont have to pay the $200 until check-in. Please Please Please what is going on here. I dont mean to create but someone please clarify what is going on.

I have heard a rumour that only the $20 is required .. Andrew can you please check with June re this one ?? Thanks

All those bowlers who have nominated for the School team rolloff.

YOU MUST AND I REPEAT MUST SEND YOUR $200 FOR THE ROLLOFF BY THE 29 JANUARY 2002.

YOU SHOULD ALL RECIEVE A LETTER BY JANUARY 20TH STATING THIS AND THE STARTING TIME AND FORMAT OF THE ROLL OFF.

FOR THOSE ASKING WHY? WE HAVE RECEIVED OVER 120 NOMINATIONS FOR THIS EVENT. I AM SURE ALL OF YOU CAN REALISE THAT IT WOULD BE A LOT BETTER TO FIND OUT WHO IS DEFINATELY GOING TO ROLLOFF. I DOUBT VERY MUCH THAT ALL 120+ NOMINEES WILL BE AT ED FLEMING ON THE 9TH FEB, SO WE REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHO IS ACTUALLY BOWLING.

SORRY FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING YOUR LAST LETTER WAS SUPPOSED TO EXPLAIN THIS.

PLEASE ASSIST IN SENDING YOUR MONEY ASAP, TO ASSIST IN THE SMOOTH LEAD UP OF THIS BIG EVENT.

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU AT ED FLEMING LANES ON THE 9TH AND 10TH...KEEP PRACTISING.
ANDREW FRAWLEY

Apparently, the full fee was supposed to be sent by the 14th January 2002. However, it appears that the form is incorrect.

Once the nominations have closed another letter will be sent, to all those that have lodged their $20.00 deposit, and asking that the balance be paid before the 29th January 2002.

After speaking with the TBA office today the $200 nomination now has to be sent in by the 18th of January. Yes this Friday.

Any questions please contact the TBA Office.

Kel

Back
Top Bottom