198 with a plastic alley ball...

E

Ernie McCracken

I've been bowling 2 casual games a week for 4 weeks with my cousin and nearly broke through the 200 barrier with a 12lb plastic alley ball bowling straight at the one pin (I don't really know how to bowl any other way yet)...I'm still in shock and had to take a picture of the score on screen with my camera phone to prove it to my friend...

1: X
2: X
3: 9 /
4: X
5: X
6: 6 2
7: 8 /
8: 8 /
9: 9 /
10: X 9 /

Total: 198

Still having nightmares about the open frame in the 6th.

I'm hoping to get some lessons soon and learn how to bowl properly.

That's a good start Ernie. A 198 game for a social player is exceptional.

Welcome to the tenpin bowling scene.

Good work. I remember back in the day when I started with a houseball.

You're doing well!

Thanks guys ... it was one out of teh box, although I'm starting to average around 150 over the course of 2 games per week, which is OK.

With the big 3-0 b'day coming up, I'm hoping for a real ball and shoes. Is the Raw Hammer Anger a suitable ball for a beginner who wants to learn how to bowl properly (as in, hook) - I use AMF lanes which from what I can tell, are pretty well oiled. Also, I'm comfortable with the 12lb house ball, and can't see myself controlling a 14lb ball, especially if I'm going to hook it. I read somewhere that 10% of your weight is a good weight ... plus 1lb for drilling custom holes. Surely this can't be right - At 76kg, I'd have to bowl with a 16lb ball!!!

You'll find that the more often you bowl, the lighter your 12 lb ball will feel. Maybe wait it out 6 - 8 months before you buy a ball, because nothing can be more annoying then paying $200 for a new ball, just to find out 2 months later that its too light.

I'm only 60 kg & would love to use a 16 lb ball. But because all my gear is 15 lbs... Well, it would be quite an expensive change.

Back
Top Bottom