Your Best Bowling Moment!

R

rowey

I Wanna Know What Your Best Moment In Your Career Is. My Best Moment Is Rolling A 300 Game In League-I Also Got My Highest Series Of 711(300, 220, 191).

Rowey, capitals at the start of a sentence, and for names and places.

Best moment, easily my 300 a few weeks back, but shooting 910 for the last 4 of roll offs to get myself an almost certain spot in the team mean alot to myself, especially after struggling all of roll offs pretty much.

Well, I cant add to the whole 300 thing but my best moment so far would be...probably finishing 7th in roll offs after dropping out with 2 games to go. And also coming 3rd in open at state this year after not bowling for 2 weeks leading up to state due to injury.

First moment would be during the National Youth Team Challenge at Bankstown in January. After coming dead last in the singles I thought the whole week of bowling was over for me with the poor performance, then ended up making my first tournament cut in National Youth Cup (qualifying 5th for the final - ending up 6th overall) :D

But the major one would definitely have to be the 2nd placing during Cannington Classic this year. Shooting my highest score of 299 in the last game of day 1 qualifying, and then averaging 230+ in the matchplay round too. Leading it for a while was such a great feeling as well. This will always be in my mind forever, hopefully :p :D

Can not decide, I started in my first league in Feb 2002 so winning Cairns Adult Restricted Masters in March of this year was big as was 238 with a 6 bagger a month ago. I am looking forward to Melbourne as I am in The NQ Walter De Veer Team I know that will be BIG.

My biggest moment was probably shooting the 2nd 300 game in the history of Shoalhaven City Lanes. Not only were there people from the league I bowled in there, but also people from 2 other leagues that couldnt get home because of bushfires.
So, basically, the place was packed, & being that there had only ever been one other 300 game in the centre, everyone was quiet & watching. Just that feeling when I got the last strike & the whole place went up with cheering was amazing. And of course, the high 5s I got afterwards. I had ridden from lanes 9 & 10 to 15 & 16 & there was like a corridor of people either side of the seating @ 15 & 16 round the back of all the players areas back to the lanes I was on, & everyone had their hands up for a high 5. LOL, it sounds funny, but it was like the perfect 300 game, the whole buzz & atmosphere in the place was absolutely terrific.

To carry on from that, any time that I'm in an event with people behind me yelling & cheering me on is such a great experience. Eg Getting a strike last ball in the tenth to beat Neil Donnely @ NSW Country in 2002, NSW State this year in the masters & in Challenge Shield.

So, I spose, my best bowling experiences all revolve around the people that are around at the time.

Hey bowlers,

my best moment was when i bowled in league
i bowled a 233 256
then i sprained my wrist on the first ball of the last game and had to finish it off righthanded instead of left
and bowled a 269.
Haha all ass no class

Spider

well... i havent ben playing long enough to have any "moments" really i spose wining the hobart junior restricteds the other week would be my most memerobial.

As for my most exciting moment it would hvae to be my first ever no-tap, it was an 8-9 and after the 3 game series i was equal first with some guy about twice my size(talk about intimidating), anyway we had to have a playoff...it was heaps of fun we went for about the first 6 frames strike for strike but in the end he came out on top. But hey it was fun and i came out of it with a nice supply of easter eggs :p:p:p

mmm My best moment was first year out of jr's in 1981 I bowled a 290 at logan city which stood for 13 years intil some body broke it with a 300
but during that time i gave up bowling for over 10 years and this is my first time back. I jusy bowled a 756 which was a great feeling

just one thing I do rember was when i bowled my 290 everyone stop what they were doing ans was watching which made me more awear because of the silents.

being away for so long everything seam so strange, the balls etc
during the years of not bowling my gear got lost. I lost would you belivce a black angle , black hammer , LT48 and white dote a wrist guard) pro relise) and ot of all the things I woould not mind the wrist guard back I think that is the best one on the market
so would any body have one for sell

Hi,
My best moment would have to be, winning & defeating Christine Day at the orange cup, held in november 2003.
And also qualifying first for the Act/ southern pressie shield rolloffs.

L8ER
K~E~Z~Z~A.

hey
making the state team for tassie
placing well in some tourneys down in tassie (untill hobart champs that is)
and bowling 279 and 277 within a week

:) marsh :)

I have a few good memories.
Making my first Shield team 12 years ago was great, especially after being last with about 9 games to go, and finishing with seven 200's in a row to get up.
Winning every event in the Hobart City Championships then the Hobart Masters, then a couple of events in the State Championships and the State Masters, going to Brisbane and putting in a creditable performance in the Aust. Masters, then coming home and hanging on to win the old STTBA Bowler Of The Year - all in 1994. (Very unexpected after a dreadful start to that year)
It's ten years since those "glory days" - I haven't won since, and haven't really looked like it :cry:

Shooting 300 at Moonah on a difficult night - VLS had packed it in, brand new pins, greasy pindecks, little or no room to play with, using an OLD ball - gave me my greatest moment as far as sheer joy was concerned, certainly. :)

A couple come to mind, making and winning the boys division president sheild 1990, making my 1st rachuig in 2000, avg 238 on last day with a house ball to make it :p, bowling 844/3 at Aus cup in 2001, finishing 4th at South pacific in 2002, making allstars team in 2002 couple of others come to mind... but my fondest memory would be the "Big Brother Spa" at Rachuig in Sydney 02.was an absoulute beauty! :lol: :D :lol:

Cheers

Mark Foster

1. The honour of Representing my Country. Nothing compares.
2. Behind that is Daylight...
3. Winning Boys Shield and Topping All-Stars.

Later Da Cowman!

Best ever moment ?
Being in a staff doubles league at Bankstown and not having anyone to bowl with.
Until a feisty blonde stuck her head through the door of the managers office and said I'll bowl with you.
We bowled out the season but even her ability was unable to compensate for my lack of. (I won't say where we finished but it wasn't exactly first place).
She was a junior in those days and she said the odd word or two when she had one of those rare misses. She went on to become today one of Australia's best, and she probably won't thank me for posting this but I'd just like to say - Thanks for the memory Susie.

best ever moment.

representing my state last year. and going to again this year.

making my first ever cut in the classic masters at the nationals last year. and finishing 8th.

shooting a 278 in the last game of bowler of the year at chermside to win by 6 pins. with going opening 9 strikes. it was a great feeling.

Back
Top Bottom