WSOB

Damn it!!!! I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread...

Tip: IF you're gonna put results of things that are going to be on TV, always put ***SPOILERS*** in the thread title

Yes, a bit of forum decorum goes a long way.

Admin, please remove this. No SPOILER in thread title. People want to watch this when it becomes available, me included.

I have to stick up for chin on this one, If you don't want to know what happens in the tenpin world, don't go to a tenpin forum that discusses things that happen in the tenpin world. It's like not wanting to know the footy scores then going to a footy website.

But it's gonna kill you to write the word Spoilers in the title?

Some people like not knowing the results to things coming up on TV, but still want to visit the site for other discussions about bowling, there's no need to completely black out all bowling related sites on the possibility that we might happen upon results..

Bear in mind too, I didn't say he shouldn't have posted them, I'm sure there are people who would like to know that, but a little consideration for those who might not like to know, but still want to visit Totalbowling would be nice..

Just saying..

depends... most forums im involved in its a "given" that the word *spolier* is put in the title of a thread where results are being given.

Honest mistake... no need to accuse people of leaving the forums or whinging.

Just cop it on the Chin :)

just out of interest when is it being televised here...on the PBA site says ESPN televising the finals in late December.

Im sure unless ya live in a plastic bubble till then your going to hear about it or see it somewhere in the next 6 weeks

is simply about respect to other users.

spoiler is used in forums generically worldwide. simply being respectful of others is what i was getting at.

forum decorum!

thanks

and I guess no one would have minded if you wrote Belmo wins them all. Every one would be cheering.

All fun.

Honestly, that would have annoyed me more... I like watching the telecasts not knowing who is gonna win.

I mean, would you want to watch the Olympics knowing who won the medals before you started watching?

Watching bowling and getting to the tenth frame and the guy needs a strike to win, if you know the result, then all the suspense (which I really like) is gone, cause you already know that they will or won't make it.

For those who don't have cable (me included), I still like to hear about the success of our bowlers overseas.

Chin is certainly not the first person ever to post results on this site - and I've never seen the heading ****SPOILER**** in the title. Take for example - Lynne Clay. She reports on Belmo's results all the time but I don't see anyone jumping on her back?

If your friend tells you how a movie ends and you haven't seen it yet, you wouldn't appreciate it. But if you knew your friend talks about this kind of stuff all the time, you wouldn't go there and talk movies with them.....my point is don't talk about bowling to your friend (TotalBowling) when half of the pages are about the end of the movie (bowling results)....

I dont know about you; but when someone talks about an event/movie; they as if I'm going to watch it, proceeding asking me if I want to know the ending... Spoiler in the title would have been nice, but its not the end of the world..

Back
Top Bottom