Would you buy a dedicated sports newspaper?

C

CV

Hi Everyone.

I am doing a marketing assignment this semester where we have to come up with a new or existing product and market it successfully.
My idea (Based on an assignment I did last semester), is a daily sports newspaper, delivering nothing but sport from all around the world, for lovers of sport.
I thought it may be a good idea because:

* Research shows that 40-60% of people who buy newspapers buy it for the sports section.
*Sports betting is the largest growing world gambling market, therefore would be easy to attract investors from other companies like TAB, etc.
*We are a sports mad country.

What does everyone think? Opinions, views, suggestions would be most welcome.

Hello CV,

In answer to your query ... no I wouldn't buy a dedicated sports newspaper, produced on a daily basis.

In this forum, you are addressing people used to accessing the internet, who can readily search for sports results online, at a comparatively low cost.

I'm not sure whether you were planning on making the paper available online? This would assist in widening the client base. You may wish to focus on a particular sport, which is played worldwide (particularly in countries with large populations, and therefore a large client base).

I hope these comments help.

I would buy it on a weekly basis. but daily basis is ooo much, and it will get boring, coz it will be hard to come up wth new sporting things EVERY day... on a week u will have all sorts to go through!

Back
Top Bottom