Whats the most important aspect to a bowling ball?

Hammer

In your opinion what would be the most Important aspect to you buying a bowling ball.

With all company using similar cores these days, would that mean the quality of the resin and urethane used would sway your dollars. I know Legends use A1 resin and urethane, but most other company's use A2 quality. Thus the reason Legends is alot more expense in the market?
I would like to know other peoples thoughts on this and what makes the difference in your eyes?

With so many companies making so much good gear, it's really coming down to the value proposition. How much do you get for your dollar? Even that is difficult to work out sometimes.

Ultimately, it's the same old question every good pro shop operator will ask you. "What condition do you want to use this ball on?" Some houses need a Triple Extreme, others need a Big Hit... Sometimes less is more.

Wow, first i've heard of A1 and A2 quality coverstocks.

Can you give us a bit more info on this mate? How do you know what quality compounds the companies are making in their factories?

Also mate can you give me a couple of examples of the other companies that are using the patended diamond core? I think i feel a law suit coming on! ;)

Cmon Hammer, don't post everything people are telling you straight on here mate! Quite often it is just a sales pitch and very untrue. If you are the one posting it, instead of the people telling you this crap, it makes you look silly!

Wow, first i've heard of A1 and A2 quality coverstocks.
Can you give us a bit more info on this mate? How do you know what quality compounds the companies are making in their factories?

Ronald, lol
Mate I got this of the information cd that comes with every legends/Lane masters ball. It goes on to tell you how the use A grade resin, when most other company use a lower grade resin and fill in the blanks with plastics. I’m guessing when they said this they were very careful and must be correct. They also use real Diamond dust in the particle ball, no not just shaped like 1.
And to correct myself, no one makes the diamond core apart from Lane #1
I'll bring you that cd mate, you will enjoy it.

Ronald, lol
Mate I got this of the information cd that comes with every legends/Lane masters ball. It goes on to tell you how the use A grade resin, when most other company use a lower grade resin and fill in the blanks with plastics. I’m guessing when they said this they were very careful and must be correct. They also use real Diamond dust in the particle ball, no not just shaped like 1.
And to correct myself, no one makes the diamond core apart from Lane #1
I'll bring you that cd mate, you will enjoy it.

Interesting.
Quote:
USBC issues decisions concerning equipment revisions
2/3/2006
After gathering feedback from a variety of industry groups, leaders and grass roots membership, the United States Bowling Congress will move forward with two bowling ball specification proposals and re-evaluate two others.

In making the decisions at its July 23 meeting, the USBC Equipment Specifications Committee determined to initiate a more comprehensive study of all bowling ball specifications. As the newly organized USBC moves ahead as the sport's national governing body, its pledge is to study all System of Bowling components to ensure that skill is the primary factor for success in the sport.

The committee voted to move forward with the following proposals:
Mohs' hardness specification - USBC has created a new Mohs' hardness specification of 6.0 for particles in the cover stock of a bowling ball. Bowling ball manufacturers will have 90 days to review and comment on a USBC test procedure. Assuming there are no specific issues with the test procedure, implementation will begin no earlier than Jan. 1, 2006. The intent of this specification is to limit the amount of traction a bowling ball is capable of achieving and to protect the lane surface.
end quote.

Diamond has a Moh's hardness of 10, and thus cannot be used legally in particle balls as per USBC specification, if the new spec has been implemented.

I would also suggest (as a polymer chemist) that the grade of resin used (within reason) would have zero to negligible effect on the bowling ball, especially when compared with factors such as core and coverstoock design and compatability, process reproducability and control, and general manufacturing standards.

But congrats Steve, only three spelling errors. :D

I've always looked at what I need to add or replace to my gear. Once you know what you need then the search is easy. Buy what will do what you want and what you're comfortable with.

I think the most important aspect to buying a bowling ball is to make sure the 'HAMMER' logo is printed on the side of the ball. If it dosent it aint worth buying

Back
Top Bottom