Whats better Revs or no revs

mattr

Just thought i would bring this up as i havent seen it on the forum yet. All i want to get is an opinon on what people think is the better way to bowl, which scores the best and what carries better with the new balls that come out etc.

Personally i wouldnt swap the way i bowl for anything, even with the new technology i still woulnt never go to a stroker type shot it just isnt me and i dont think there is anything better than watching a belmonty, frawly or a walsh bowl when they are on fire and carving up everyhing

just my thoughts, not trying to offend anyone
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

It always changes i guess, sometimes you can cover 40 boards and score, other times you might have to square up a bit and cover 'only' 10 or 20 to get the job done. These days there aren't many conditions that i've seen that you can't get some sort of score on from anywhere(if i ever hit one of the sport patterns i'm sure that will change).

adaptability is the key.
some one who puts lots of revs on the ball should be able to tighten their line if needed, i know some of the juniors who can tighten if needed but dont because of some big idea they have in their head of how a cool bowler should look. the adults are more mature and do adapt more because they have more experiences to draw on.
i think both styles have their advantages and there are lanes to suit all styles.

revs or no revs......
the question my coach doc always answers "U can have the most revs aslong as u dont cover 100 boards and its always harder to hit ur target when u cover to many boards"....granted some conditions will allow this but Doc always says the straighter the more consistant.....

but to watch like matty said there is nothing better than seeing a bowler covering 40 borads with MAX revs...just makes my day i guess hahahaha
to me tho MORE REVS CARRIES WELL but with todays balls the stroker can compete well aswell!

all in all doesnt matter how u bowl.....the name of the game is knocking over the most sticks and if stroking or cranking does it for u then dont stop!

laaaaaaater

Hmm, tough one here guys

As a guy that can rev a ball pretty good, and I will admit it is a lot of fun, consistancy is the key. I don't care if you can move it 40 boards or 3 boards, it's what works on the conditions for that person.

While throwing revs can induce a lot of good looking strikes on less than perfect hits, you can also leave some nice and very interesting designs!!
icon_biggrin.gif

And while stroking it makes it easier to be consistant, and hitting a target if you have any idea what you're doing, carrying some less than perfect hits can be troublesome. I guess that's where technology comes in handy!!

Just my views, but I beleive (for a change
icon_biggrin.gif
), are very valid ones

hey every one,

personally i think that more revs is better because it works for me.

if i did have the choice of changing my style i would have to say i would love to bowl like matt o'brien he has a great shot and doesn't rev the ball that much either.

ane way that is what i think

see ya later
paul gifford
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom