WERRIBEE CUP 2005

Wayne,

you never cease to amaze me! If your IQ matched your average your be dangerous! How dare you question the integrity of both me and my staff, if you wanted to discuss the tournament with me you should have picked up a phone and done so. To defame me in a public forum shows how disgusting you really are.

Any one who knows me knows that I always have strived (and admittedly-not always succeeded) to do my best. It's really no wonder that no one takes up the job offers you put out.

Just because you won one PBA tournament 30 years ago does not give you the right to publicly attack people. Imagine how the kids trying out for Junior Commonwealth Games felt last year when you "psycho analysed" them publicly with no regard for how they felt, nor any regard for the fact that they had to go out and bowl the next day. Great motivation with you there....

I won't even dignify your stupidity with an answer in terms of lane conditions. All I need to know is that the bowlers on the 13th of March left here satisfied that they had had a great day of bowling and that they enjoyed bowling on the conditions. Craig received a sincere applause from the bowlers at the presentation for his hard work.

It's good that you have given up bowling tournaments because you aren't welcome back here! The protection your computer offers must be gratifying.

I know that after writing this in anger I will probably regret pushing the SUBMIT button, but when you work up to 60 hours a week and do your damnest to satisfy your home bowlers- and some smart arse puts you down based on only HIS opinion- well it gets me mad... and every one knows my temper!

Why don't you post something in a nicer manner and try to obtain well thougt out opinions rather than offending people.

Thank you to all the members who have offered me private support on this,

Edi

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hear Here!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

craig said:
at werribee cup we ran 21.3 ml per lane over over 40" (this is our current house shot) which has been recently boosted from 16.4 ml per lane

The shot at Werribee has tighted up. Whilst it is still fairly easy, you do require to think about what area of the lane to play in with what ball service.

I beleive that this was not the case before Craig came to Werribee

Previously, no thought was required and bowlers who were not at the elite level could average 220-230+. Whilst the shot is still pretty easy, bowlers are now being challenged to find another line and to think about ball selection.

craig said:
now in the last month, i have been challenge by bowlers with bad techniques and poor practise agenda's to why they can't average 200+ anymore
After playing on the pattern in league last week, I noticed a few individuals complaining.
Chandler, my only tip for you would be to ignore them. I noticed where these bowlers were bowling, and because they lack the brains to move to another section of the lane doesn't mean you should be crucified for putting down a different pattern. The fact they would rather persist with the same target all night without scoring and blame the lane conditions over their own ability to execute shots is their problem.

I will admit that I was unhappy with one lane condition that was laid down at Werribee before then end of last year. The pair we bowled on appeared a lot drier then every other pair in the house. (however this may have been a technique issue)
craig said:
i have been challenged by parents who think that an australian shirt gives you the right to score and make the cut at what ever event you turn up for, and to a point being blamed for this childs possible exclusion to this years FIQ
Well, where do I begin? :p
Just because your son or daughter has represented their country doesnt mean you have the right to blame mechanics for poor performance.
If anything, parents of Australian reps should encourage tougher patterns to be laid!
After all those good enough to represent Australia should be good enough to score on all patterns!!
Its all a matter of adjusting to the lane conditions that are placed. If your child is not able to do that, you must question whether they deserved their spot in the national team in the first place?

NOTE: I haven't blamed the lane conditions for my poor performance in tournaments at the start of 2005. I beleive I have identified the problem (and changed a section of my game to fix the problem) and have started scoring again in the leagues I bowl in. I encourage other bowlers to do the same before critising lane conditions.

In regards to Werribee Cup, look at the names at the top of the standing sheet!!! All 16 have the ability and brains to adjust to certain lane conditions. You can't take credit away from them because they were able to average over 210 in the event!

Congratulations to Chris and Carly for winning your respective events.
Chris looks set for a big 2005 and it is great to see Carly get a breakthrough win!!
Hope you both keep up the effort you have put into your games!!

Regards,
Craig Ryan

hi edi i would not get angry about childish comments written online if they cant say it to your face there not worth the stress .
i was there on the weekend and the conditions were great anyone who bowled will tell you that it was a tough shot out there but all the good bowlers worked it out .

and bowled some great games so dont let silly minded people get to you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi all,

It seems that every time there is an easy oil pattern in a tournament (with the 3:1 ratio set by TBA or not) Wchester is always the first to disapprove of the shot (see also 2004 NSW Open in Main forum of this website). I'll be the first to admit that if you give me 3 boards "area" (which is about what I had at the Werribee Cup) in a tournament that I will hit the pocket ALL DAY LONG, it's just a matter of "carrying" the corners.

I will be the first to agree with Wchester about how the SPORT of bowling has taken a "nose dive" in recent years with the advent of new bowling balls and an increase in "adult bumper bowling," but instead of criticising others for easy oil patterns, Wchester, why don't you stand up and do something about it? I know you haven't bowled in approximately 2 1/2 years, but your criticisms are doing nothing for the sport.

As challenged (by me) in the 2004 NSW Open post in the main forum of this website, get involved in the oiling pattern rules and regulations and try to enhance the sport with your knowledge! I am sure you would be a benefit to the SPORT. For example, I don't like the easy oil patterns during league, so I am trying to get a SPORT BOWLING league started at Mentone (see Sport bowling coming to Mentone? post in Victoria forum of this website) to show bowlers what their "realistic" average will be rather than their "inflated" average!

I understand your frustration, but frustration is no reason to sit back and do nothing about the sports development . Promote the sport, don't "bash" it...

On a side note, thanks Craig Ryan for you kind words on a "big 2005," I appreciate that!

Lastly, I've noticed many bowlers from the Youth Werribee Cup suggesting that they had "to think about their shot more"... You can't out-think the best computer (your brain) in the world, so why do so many bowlers on difficult oil patterns try to think about their shot?

I'll leave you with that!
Chris

Back
Top Bottom