Well, what a Nationals!!!

First of all we'll hit it off with the big squads before shield:

Brett Hall has a HUGE 777 with games of 275 296 and 206, well bowled mate.

Second, that incredibly talented Tasmanian Kara Bunting, found a way to play the lanes and shoot some of the biggest series around, like her singles qualifying attempt of 783, 266 248 269. Smashing the old classic singles record of 658 by 125 pins simply massive.

A 300 game by David Drummond in doubles. 2 296's, one from Dion Alexander, and the one by Brett Hall mentioned previously.

Then came shield, can you say GIRL POWER? The leading girls found a way to play the lanes and then put the boys to shame. Lysa Harrison with a 299 aswell as Stephen Ball.

GIRLS
1 Tracey MADDEN
VIC 229.7
2 Bianca FLANAGAN
SQLD 229.1
3 Hayley DONNELLY
SQLD 224.8 12
4 Kara BUNTING
TAS 220.4 14
5 Cassie STAUDINGER
VIC 208.9 11
6 Cassandra FAGG
SQLD 208.8 10
7 Samantha FISHER
ACT 208.3 12
8 Amanda FROST
SQLD 207.1 13
9 Meghan GORE
NNSW 206.8 7
10 Jaclyn HEWITT
NNSW 204.9 12

BOYS
1 Bart JEFFERY
SQLD 219.1 11
2 Simon STRASBURG
SQLD 216.4 12.5
3 Stephen COWLAND
ACT 216.3 13
4 Stephen REYNOLDS
ACT 216.1 10
5 Shane TUNNAH
SA 214.1 10.5
6 Matt SIMPSON
SQLD 213.3 13
7 Dion ALEXANDER
SA 212.2 6
8 Alex KLASS
SA 210.4 11
9 Phillip FAGG
SQLD 210.1
10 Brian THOMAS
NQLD 209.4 8

If you look closely, you'll see the top 4 girls beat every guy in the field, go girls, it just shows, as Sue Cassell said, the upcoming junior girls are extremely talented and could do well in the youth and adult ranks.

MASTERS
With a new format, which I might add is extremely draining, we saw that high scores didn't necessarily get you through to the next round, it was consistantly good bowling from what i saw, Stephen Reynolds had a huge 985 for games however and still got knocked out by the equally huge Joel Reeve from Tasmania with a huge 999 for 4 games. In the girls the bowler of the week Tracey Madden made a clean sweep winning the All Stars and the masters. She finished off the masters with a 222.11 average. Well done to Kara who also consistently bowled huge averaged over the week, finished masters in second, well done to Bianca and Cassie, especially for her perfect game in the morning.

I'd like to thank Matty Kanafa for the most heart clenching 4 games of my life, aswell as Mitchell Marriss, Joel Reeve and Chris Harvey, all of them giving me a tough battle. I'd like to comment on the two Reeve twins especially, alot of talent in that family, sure to do well in there future. Well done to everyone who made the masters, it took some good bowling to even get there with the cut being so high in the first place.

The talent in junior bowling is amazing, just have a look at the statistics for shield and masters.

UPCOMING TALENT
The Reeve twins from Tassie, Hayley Donnelly from SQ put in a solid performance all week, Simon Strazz Strasburg, Kara Bunting - this girl can bowl, Katie Arnold put in a solid performance all week aswell...this post is winding along so im just going to say look out for everyone from the Victorian girls, Southern boys, SQ boys and girls and the Northern girls. All though the quality was there all across the board.

Comments anyone?

Macca

What about your own scores Macca?

A huge 760 in Classic singles, which smashed the record, and put you in top 4 qualifiers for Masters, which you then went on to win.

Don't forget the huge All Events scores neither. I know in my division, I broke the old record with my 2106 & only came FOURTH. I have to say congratulations therefore to Strazz, Cow & Dion who all placed above me.

In regards to the new masters format, I think making the top 4 qualifiers was probably a disadvantage having to sit out the first round. Whoever you come up against has just bowled 3, 4 or 5 games, has a solid line & is psyched for another win, where as if you're a top qualifier, you're still relatively cold despite practice & you dont have that first win under your belt to give you a bit of confidence. I think the fact that 3 of the top 4 qualifiers dropped out in the 2nd round when they first came in is testimony to this.

And as far as watching it goes, it really starts to drag on after the first 3 games of a match, or at least that's how I felt being a spectator for the girls masters & most of the boys :p.

Macca said the new Masters format was extremely draining...I could tell this by the looks on everyones faces, especially toward the end...I was being drained just watching it actually...lol :p
I[/quote]

Yes, it was the best nationals i have been to so far.

Except for my absence on the first day of shield, I'll say my WA boys gave alot of teams a run for their money.

And not only that, but didnt the records fall in every single event!!! With Kara's MASSIVE 783 for singles, and the girls out aving the boys in shield, this was ineed the best nationals ever. Its gonna be hard to top.

I just wanna thank everyone at nationals for making my last year so goddamn good. It was nice meeting all the newbies, as well as seeing my old friends. And I wanna thank WA for being such a great bunch of people. I know I wasnt there on the first day of shield, but you boys still pulled thru and had a good day...

To everyone junior out there, make sure you get to Nationals next year, or even shield, as its the best experience you'll ever have. Good Luck to you all in the future, hope to see you all again someday

Later
Adrian

Don't forget the huge All Events scores neither. I know in my division, I broke the old record with my 1306 & only came FOURTH
Brett, I think you mean 2106, not 1306. because, lets face it. 1306 for 9 games, it just isn't that big! haha.
Nationals was yet again another fantastic event. The scores were high, but they only were high, as someone in another topic has already said, for the people that could still consistantly throw the ball the same way, in the same place. Frawls has already explained this so I'll stop now.
Shield was again a wonderful experience. The quality of all the bowlers in every team was fantasic, another wonderful aspect was the true sportsmanship shown by every bowler.

Later Da Cowman!

I forgot the non bowling side of Nationals, the dinner dance!!

Wasn't that just run smooth as ever, what a great set up, nice big dance floor, plenty of music and seating aswell. Congratulations to everyone involved. Im sure we all had fun, i know i did :D

Macca

Well heres my wrap.

Best nats ever, even though i only been to 3 of them :D . Well for starters i just want to congratulate N.N.S.W for there massive efforts in shield and the overall championship. Best result that the team has had in many years. Even though with all the shit that went on with the bus getting stolen and whatnot we really did rise above and certainly suprised many. Thanks to Shell Harbour Councill for donating a bus and driver whilst our one was repaired, would have been stuffed without it. To Frawley and Cassel, they have got to have the best bowl in Australia, absolutely loved it, the food, the staff :wink:, the lanes e.t.c all of high quality. Fellow bowlers, I saw some inspiring games and team efforts out there, congrats to Macca and Tracey winning masters, you guys earned it. Sth QLD, you guys absolutely ripped it up, along with SA, some of the best bowling in shield. To all those that bowled >290, congrats to you guys aswell, i am jealous, i think there is too many too mention. And some close calls from some NNSW bowlers as well with several on there way to a 300 in the near future.

There is so much more i could go on about but yeah, sorta dragging on too much... I will definately be attending again next year as it will be my last. And i cant wait...

I would just like to say that this years nats were the best ever....the lanes were great and everyone bowled really well...i would like to say a huge congrats to SQ and Southern cause they bowled really well as did all the other teams.NNSW bowled really well and pulled together as a team when things got a bit tough.i.e our bus getting stolen..Well done to Tracey and Macca for winning masters.Huge thankyou to all the staff at illawarra strikezone cause without them there would be no tournament...finally i would like to say well done to everyone who bowled...

love always Sammy

I've forgotten one major thank you, I really don't know how it slipped me..

But anyway, I would like to thank the TBA tournament team, they spent 3 weeks in the that small cold little room making sure that everything was run smoothly for us juniors, and I must say they did an absoloutly incredible job.

Well done to the TBA!

Macca

Nationals this year was really cool. All the bowling was really close, and great to watch, and there was a HUGE amount of records broken. But the best final was the open masters. That was close, and there was heaps of good bowling. It was good to see Macca come out on top too. Congrats Macca! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

OMG...thanks for the reminder Macca...I think a lot of us forgot to thank TBA...? I know I did...
Thanks guys!!! You all did an awesome job, the entire tourny ran smoothly and was a great 2 weeks at Illawarra Strikezone.
Cant wait til next year!

Thanks
Jen

Back
Top Bottom