WEIRDO BOWLING STYLE...

boybrowny

Hi everyone!

I was just watching a bowlng video, and saw a guy with a really weird-ass style.

Had a sort of a donkey kick approach followed by an epeliptic fit type of release...

Then I was thinking, there muse be some weirdo bowling styles out there...

LETS HERE THE STORIES !!!

- Hey Graham, if we can find the weirdest bowling style in Australia, will you publise an mpeg video file on your site !!!
icon_biggrin.gif

There is (was) a guy in Toowoomba who started off with the ball WAAAAAAAY above his head (thought he would collect the monitors on the way through)

Is he still bowling up there ? That's the weirdest (and most memorable) i've seen.

Hey, when was Eric Roselt in Toowoomba...

LMAO....

I like watching the way Jason Walsh 'rides' some of his shots - very entertaining...

The wierdest without a doubt has to go to Mike Lichstein from the USA. As the late great Earl Anthony said "This kid can bowl but kids, don't try this at home, if your in front of the TV, look away !"

Mike's unorthodox 11 step shuffle approach is by far the worst in the world, how ever he is also one of the best lefties in the world. It goes to prove that it's all about repeating the shot, not how you get to the foul line.

Belmo is a bit wierd too, devastatingly effective though!

There is a guy at Sunshine that sometimes starts his approach from the computer terminal, or sometimes the ball racks

My question is, how many ball racks do you have to give way to?

I can remember bowling in the nationals some time ago next to a guy that stamped his foot on his second last step. He was a bit hard to get used to as the stamp was quite loud and firm(it was a real thump on the approach). As I remember it his style was quite smooth and he seemed to be able to knock down his fair share of pins but the boom of his second last step was a bit hard to get used to.
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

I think that he was even left handed( which would go a long way to explaining a lot of things). Could be wrong on this as it was a looooooonnnnggg time ago(probably before you even started bowling George)
Couldn't help that last bit. He is just too easy...lol

icon_rolleyes.gif

George.....

belmo is a bit weird??

more like heaps crazy style
who else bowls likea footy....2 hands style
and the amazing thing is he has perfected it

some say its wrong but i like it and i like what it does for our sport... makes it diff and new!!!

does anybody know how he does it?
and what are other peoles thougts on his WEIRD style

Belmo weird no i think everybody else is weird. He seems to be the one winning everything so maybe we are doing it wrong. strangest action a guy from the states whos name i think is jim johnson jnr. He has bowled something like 30 300s so it cant be all bad

Philby

Just on your comment on BELMO....
How is his style good for the sport???????
YES he has a wierd style!!!!Yes i guess he has perfected it!!!!(i have tried it and well lets say i'll give it a miss)
But my question is how will he be at the age of 40 or fifty if he is still bowling.But I must say this is the weirdest style that I have seen thats for sure..
Although there is a guy who has a verry funny style with his left hand while bowling with his right.I can't give anything away but we call him F.W.!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

For the ppl who know Robin Seal, he used to kiss his ball while standing on the approach.
And if maybe he took it to bed tooooooooo..

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

hello

DWAMBO
why do u think his style will hurt him phsically??

i mean its if he started that way which i think he did then im just wondering if his body is used to it and has adapted to that style.... im not sure

or maybe ur right maybe he will be a deformed person haha LOL

all i can say is i hope his that he continues to bowl great and make the sport just that lil more exciting!!!

what do u think dwambo!

There is a junior up in brisbane that creaps up about a foot before the fow line and stops then takes another step before he chuckes the ball down its funny sH*t

I'm not sure if this is weird enough, but I used to bowl in league with a guy who was well over six foot with a HUGE backswing and it wasn't uncommon for him to hit the monitors
icon_smile.gif

This is the beauty of our sport we all do it so differently to one another.

Like said previously there's no real wrong way of doing it as long as you are consistent in whatever you do(counts me out)

There are however a few classical players that come to mind
One Reg Lysle, that signature skip and kick in the middle of his approach.

Who can possibly forget the 1992 SPC Ladies Champion (I bet Cara still has nightmares) Yes lets not forget Jette Jacobs she swung that 10lb Wine U-Dot like it was a ball of string, she 2 use to make spectators cringe each time she pushed the ball away, it was a push-a-way directed at the overheads.

One of my favourites was Peter Badges, I rememer attending the Ritger camp held in SA me and a few of the boys were quite interested in how Dick would solve that one, but he just went and got a cuppa instead of answering.

We had a house bowler once that wore a wrist guard on his right hand whilst bowling with his left, neat trick.

Another one of my favourite house bowlers use to poke his tongue out quite vigorously starting from his stance all the way through his approach and if he struck I'm sure there was an extra wiggle at the end

But the all time classic has to be when you see a Left Handed Back Up bowler, and they get offened when we call em spastics
icon_eek.gif

Well I'm sure a few more will come to mind, but for now its the coat hanger signing off

Cause if we cant laugh at ourselves whats the point

GIDDY UP!!!!

Iv'e seen some really weird styles , and you see them all the time at every place. These weirdo's actually use THE WRONG HAND.Can you believe it. Bloody lefties sneaking in with the humans again....lol..
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom