WDV Auction Fundraiser

grumpie

With the success of the 2001 Dinner Auction we have decided to go down this track once more to assist the Victorian WDV team to defend there title in Tassie. As we all know it's not cheap to send teams Interstate, so come on board and help us out;) . Those that supported the last one know how much fun we had.:D

At this stage the venue and date are not confirmed but here is what we are looking at

Venue Chadstone Lawn Bowls (Very cheap bar prices)
Chadstone Rd
Chadstone

When Saturday 2nd September

Cost $10 entry includes nibblies

Time 7:30 pm

Auction to start 8:00

Items up for auction at this early stage

St Kilda F C Jumper Autographed by some players (more info when it comes to hand)
MP3 player
Cordless Drill
Cordless Vacuum
Down lights Supplied by Middies also other items to come
Soccer Pack (ball,shirt & wrist band)
Bart Simpson figurine
Childs garden setting (picnic)
Bowling Ball ( type unkown) Supplied by Morwell Tenpins
Multi function Printer Scanner
Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse
Abstract Art canvis
Dinner for 2 at Austral Hotel Korrumburra
2 X Coca Cola Bowling balls

This is all so far but plenty more to come.

I will update eveything as more info comes to hand.

Maybe some of you can assist with aution items to help raise funds for the team, we will advertise the company suppling goods as much and often as we can.
Maybe Bowling Balls Australia or Rebel Tenpin or Denver or anyone else may help with Auction goods.

Anybody is welcome to attend lets try to beat the last one with over 105 people attending.;)

Leave a post here or PM me if you if you wish to attend (tickets to be issued)or donate any goods.

Gunther

mabe Liz will donate that PURPLE COW she aquired last year after I stopped bidding.... HA HA HA HA HA... She might want to get rid of it.

Freddo said:
mabe Liz will donate that PURPLE COW she aquired last year after I stopped bidding.... HA HA HA HA HA... She might want to get rid of it.

You'll have to ask our pet greyhound if he will part with his playmate!! :D

However, I may just have to ponder that option Graham!!:-k

Liz

The venue has now been confirmed for the auction:

Box Hill Bowls Club
corner Edgar & Whitehorse Roads
Box Hill

everything else is as stated in previous post.

The bar will be open. To give you an idea of price, a stubbie is $3. :drinking: :drinking:

Should be a fun night. Hope to see many familiar faces there.

Liz

Freddo said:

Well Graham, after much deliberation and discussions with my dog, we have decided to put the PURPLE BULL (please note the gender of the animal!) up for auction but only under the condition that you attend the auction. After all, who will push the price up just so I can pay an exorbitant amount of money to get my own possession back!!!!:confused:

Liz

Well it all happens on Saturday I hope to see quite a few of you there. Should be lots of fun and a great laugh to see how the Autioneer handles the crowd (Dizzy Lizzy).
Graham I see no responce from you on the old cow auction (moo not liz), So what are you :silly: scared you might go home with a cow:rolleyes:
Gunther
A not so brave person after this post, Hi liz

Graham I see no responce from you on the old cow auction (moo not liz), So what are you :silly: scared you might go home with a cow:rolleyes:
Gunther
Sorry guys, I am unable to attend as I have our Football presentaion night on. I hope Liz gets lots for the old BULL if not she might want AUCTION it in MILDURA in November or when we come down to Sale for Country Cup 2007.
Have a great night of fundraising tonight....
Cheers
Graham

It was a great night with lots of laughs and plenty of bargains. I even sold my squeaky hammer after the auction for $5!!

I would like to thank Grumpy for taking over when my voice failed me (gotta love spring!) and also to David, our lovely model for the night. Not only for his great modelling techniques but also for allowing me to borrow that 40 year old shirt. Also a special mention to my "buddy" for the "special starter" for the evening. It went down really well............

Thanks also to Sue and Tracy for organising the event, the generous donors who made it possible to raise $2500 for the night. Of course we must not forget the Box Hill Bowls Club for the use of their venue. They are a great group and hopefully the bar sales made their night worth it.

For us it was a long drive home (didn't pull up the drive untill 4:00pm) but worth it. We came home with a lot of bargains - printer, flood lights, down lights, dinner voucher, bar buddie and a whole lot more.

I can't remember who bought the "*ucking Good Port" but it had better be *ucking good!! :oops:

As for the purple bull, it did sell and no Graham I did not buy it. However, as it was somebody with a great sense of humour who coughed up the winning bid, they decided to give the darn thing back to me. So I guess it will be making the trip to Mildura under one condition. As we are planning on flying, due to the shortage of time we have, we do not want to have to buy a seat for him also. So if we cannont take him as our son on our knees, he will put in an appearance at Country Cup instead. :p

Liz

Great effort guys and everyone who got involved should be congratulated. Too bad that the WDV MEN's team only had 1 there to support the fund raising. Seems a bit strange seeing the fund raising was to help them with expenses for the trip to Tassie.Some of you MEN need to realise team fund raising means all team members not just 1 and the ladies. Still I guess you guys are the first to complain about the cost to travel to Tassie. Maybe next time these guys will get off their arses and help support the team.:cool:

edfleminglanes said:
Great effort guys and everyone who got involved should be congratulated. Too bad that the WDV MEN's team only had 1 there to support the fund raising. Seems a bit strange seeing the fund raising was to help them with expenses for the trip to Tassie.Some of you MEN need to realise team fund raising means all team members not just 1 and the ladies. Still I guess you guys are the first to complain about the cost to travel to Tassie. Maybe next time these guys will get off their arses and help support the team.:cool:

I must also comment on how disappointed I was with the men's team. This type of thing actually has a dual purpose behind it. Not only is it to help raise funds to cut costs but it also serves as a bonding session.

The whole team working together and also getting together outside of a bowling session where you can relax and chat amongst each other. To see all team members working together for a common goal. It is very disheartening to the team members who attend and if not careful, a division can develop between the do's and the don't's. [-X

It goes to show how many people really understand the word TEAM.

Liz

"Maybe next time these guys will get off their arses and help support the team."
edfleminglanes.

"It goes to show how many people really understand the word TEAM."
Liz

And a public airing of comments like these encourage team spirit as well don't they.

Sean

Sometimes it has to be brought out into the open and hopefully something good will come out of all this.This is what team bowling is all about,everbody gets in and does their bit. In the end you had people involved with the fundraising who are not even part of the team.So I guess in this instance the MENS team will have to cop the abuse,mainly because all you guys let the whole team down as well as yourselves. :cool: :rolleyes:

People need to realise the cost of travel these days.......whats the point when the cost to go to these functions is greater than the money raised.
It does no good at pointing the finger when you do not have all the facts.

Rick

And again what good does a public airing of comments like this do Joe?
Do you know why each person was not there?
Making comments on an open forum like this fans the flames and are directed at 6 individuals personally. Its not the place in my opinion and shows a lack of respect.

Sean

I have the Purple Bull. Even though it was going to be a gift to Dizzy it is now at my house :)

Not sure how many people actually know this, but Ronald is now in the team due to someone having to withdraw. So there were actually 2 members of the men's team at the fundraiser.

There are actually two and a half memebers of the mens team. The one person who had to pull out showed up.

Ricktoma said:
People need to realise the cost of travel these days.......whats the point when the cost to go to these functions is greater than the money raised.
It does no good at pointing the finger when you do not have all the facts.
Rick

Facts

2001 Dinner auction supported by the entire team = 100 attendees and $7000 raised

2006 Dinner auction supported by 65% of the team = 29 attendees and $2500 raised

Liz

Before this thing turns into a real famil feud here, I would just like to make the following comments.

Prior comments seem to have been taken personally by one team member when it was not a personal attack.

If as a team member you attend practice sessions, do they not costs you money? This was just like another practise sessions as it served as a team bonding session as well as a fundraiser.

When you try out for WDV the costs and requirements are mentioned on the entry form. Everybody knows that if you wish to undertake this, it will cost you a lot of money as you are required to travel interstate at your own expense. Yet people still seem to complain about the cost. The way I see it is if you have a problem then either don't try out, come up with some fundraising ideas or just cough up the money.

Actually there is also the option of nominating for the association to help with some of these issues.

Unfortunately the costs for the country bowlers has always been more and it seems like that is a fact that is overlooked. I have always sympathised with this but now that I live in the country I am even more sympathetic. We try to work together with each other to try to cut costs. We would have been only too happy to have another passenger with us on Saturday.

I have rambled enough so it's time to bury the personal hatchet and get back to the big picture. :p

Liz

Back
Top Bottom