Video Phones

M

midel

Hi Everyone,

As some of you may be aware, they've banned the Video/Picture Mobile Phones in public toilets and change rooms, rightly so. And I just bought one the day before I saw it on the news.

But for Bowling....Its Great :D . I had a practice last night, I made sure I got the end lanes so I wouldn't disturb anyone. I had my wife video me in different spots. Already, I found a problem in my swing. Its great. (Not the problem, but finding the problem)

I've always wanted to bring a video cam to practice, but I have an old bulky cam and can't afford the new digital ones. One day, I will get a new one, but in the mean time, the video phone will be a handy training tool for my bowling. Fits in your pocket, connecting to your PC is easy and you can email it straight away from the phone. This is not meant to be an advertisement, just excited about the possibilities.

Maybe a coach can set up a site, where people can send videos of themselves for criticism, if there isn't one already. :idea:

This may have been asked before, but what or where else should you video ? meaning, from behind and so on. Or any other advise when video recording your game.

Thanks.

Mike

3 points for my mind.

Behind: to see the direction of your backswing and forward swings, checking your balance and it is a good aid in checking where you are walking (drift etc). Also good to check your release out of the ball

Side: Good place to find out if you are twisting at the hips when bowling (or pushing them out), leading with the shoulder or elbow. And just how far you are dropping your shoulder. Also great for checking your timing and just how good your knee bend is.

Front: (go down and stand above the ball runway). Front is perfect for seeing if you are opening or closing your shoulders, the direction of your shoulders, where you are finishing at the foul line, and what your balance arm is up to. Also a good idea for checking if you are standing out of the shot or lifting your head up while delivering the ball, and just where your eyes are focused during the approach. Ooh, just thought of one, check on how you are walking to the line, are you dipping or raising during your walk (want to keep your head fairly steady).

Thats about all i can think of :)

Ohh yeah, have some fun and get a bit of your ball reaction into the pins too, see how it is reacting and if it is rolling out.

Back
Top Bottom