Victorian Tournament Circuit 2006 (VTC)

OK then,

I have something to actually write this time.

Have spoken with several centres, and have had a positive response to my request to hold these events. The fine details need to be arranged, Dates, Rates, Number of Lanes, Final Formats they wish to hold.

At the moment these centres are, and l would like to say a big thank you to them for supporting the concept, to ensuring the future of the tournaments in Victoria.

Ed Fleming Lanes
OZ Tenpin Group - Altona, Narre Warren, Greensborough

I would like to hold 5 events in total, plus include in the series points the events being run by Werribee, Sale & Warnambool, (These events will still be run by the centres as they have been for the past years, as they are run so well) giving us a grand total of 8 events for the year.

A couple of idea's l have though about are incentive awards, for those who miss cash.

Possibly something like a lane award for each pair, of say $25, 1 lane award only, and to those who miss the cash, just and idea, and may give other bowlers a chance to get something back.

Have thought of a few more formats over the last couple of months, and will do the maths on them to see if they would be viable to run.

One last thing for now, sponsors are hard to come by, so have thought that maybe thsi could be a great way for all the bowlers who work for or own a small business, to maybe use our events as some advertising. Will post in next post some details.

xpense said:
One last thing for now, sponsors are hard to come by, so have thought that maybe thsi could be a great way for all the bowlers who work for or own a small business, to maybe use our events as some advertising. Will post in next post some details.

The idea is that the business can sponsor the events for the entire year, for a set fee, same for all, the business details will be on all entry forms sent to centres, for the online form we will create a 1/2 to full page add in the entry form, to promote thier business. I would also hope to get some of the names on the sleeves of the winners shirts.

This is a great chance to get your business known to those you bowl with, as l am positive that other bowlers will support another bowlers business, if they know what you do.

From a personal point l have just recently brought a heap of building materials, from a company, only to find out one of our fellow bowlers deals in the same products, and l had no idea, as l would have purchased the goods from him instead of the other company to support him.

Please think about this, and feel free to PM me or e-mail me

[email protected]

Regards

Lance Dyer

As per my message on 7/8/2005, I would be happy to include Werribee as long as someone gives me some information to look at and consider, so I can assess the situation.

Edi

Hopefully the tournout that has been seen at Chaddy on the weekend means that we are the right track for Victoria, na dthe support shown for this event will cross over to the new series next year.

Please all remember that this is being put together to fill the void that Victoria no longer has in teh way of tournament bowling.

The events are almost finalised, and with teh release of a number of the dates for next years majors, the calendar is coming along great.

At present we are looking at events in the following months, but are not set in stone: Feb, Apr, May, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec.

With other events such as Werribee in March, Sale in July & Warnambool in November, that will fill the calendar nicely. If we choose to try and run more events, we may add 1 more in late Jan, but not sure.

Hopefully after the nationals l will have the final details for all, with final events, prospective prizefunds, centres, costs, and dates for all to plan for next year. I hope to have this completed by the end of November, and possibly some details at Warnambool Cup for all to look at.

The events are looking like being approx $175.00 each, with a 1st place around $750, and a payout of either 1 in 3 or 1 in 2.

A couple of formats have been adjsuted to make for more interest, with a possible change to 1 format in all ways with a new skins style event.

More details to follow soon on the final 5 events, possibly 6 events to be run by us.

Majority events are based on 48 entries, and looking at a possible 2 day format with a twist.

1 qualifying sqaud on Saturday, 2 if required if entries are strong, and then 1 qualifying sqaud Sunday morning. This will mean we dont really late on Sunday, events are not dragged over the Sunday, and will hopefully give bowlers more of a chance to qualify if they have the choice of either day.

The yearly membership fee is being looked into, and what we can offer as part of this membership fee.

Feedback is always appreciated, and requested.

I would also love an indication as to the numbers that will be looking at bowling. I know of a few, but l am sure more are out there.

Lance i like what you are trying to achieve with the tournaments but can i ask you to check with the state body as they should have a tournament calender for next year.I am certain the MTBA along with the CTBAM dont want to have tournaments clashing with their championships which are held yearly.Your first tournament you have nominated Feburary and the CTBAM have already
got the DOUG BEAR MEMORIAL slotted in for the last Saturday Night in Feburary.The CTBAM championships recently had 2 centres put on a house tournament which could harm the effectiveness of holding yearly championships

Andrew Buckle
Assistant Secretary
CTBAM

Thanks for the info Andrew. I am doing my best to ensure that all the events we run, do not clash with events in Victoria.

Especially championships, and regular calendar events.

I have attached some more information to keep all bowlers interested in what is happening with the series. We are still looking very promising to be running next year, and that is great news.

I hope the attached info assists in answering some questions you may have. We are still in the market for more sponsors, and hope to be able to get a few more, to be able to reduce the entry fees, or better yet increase the prizefunds.

I hope all are happy with the split of the prizefunds, as l have looked at trying to ensure that if you made the cut, in most events you got your money back plus a bit, but a couple of events this has not been possible, with the high number making the finals. As an example 1 event has 32 bowlers in the finals, with a based on number of 64 entries. For $175 entry 32nd gets $100 return.

It looks like 2006 is promising to be a big year for bowlers in Victoria,

with AMF announcing the Victorian Grand Prix Circuit for next year as well.

$195 entry fee, with double your money back for the cut. Based on 60 entries.

The entry form can be found on

www.bowlersworld.com.au

andrew buckle said:
Lance i like what you are trying to achieve with the tournaments but can i ask you to check with the state body as they should have a tournament calender for next year.I am certain the MTBA along with the CTBAM dont want to have tournaments clashing with their championships which are held yearly.Your first tournament you have nominated Feburary and the CTBAM have already
got the DOUG BEAR MEMORIAL slotted in for the last Saturday Night in Feburary.The CTBAM championships recently had 2 centres put on a house tournament which could harm the effectiveness of holding yearly championships
Andrew Buckle
Assistant Secretary
CTBAM

Andrew l see the new AMF Grand Prix Series in clashing with the Doug Bear Memorial.

Thanks Lance
Just goes to show AMF also tries to outdo each other
Also entry forms are ready for the Doug Bear Memorial and will be in centres shortly

Andrew Buckle
Assistant Secretary
CTBAM

Just to keep all in the loop of what is happening.

I have almost finalised the dates for next year. Just waiting on some last minute dates to ensure l am not clashing with events in Victoria, if l can avoid it.

I had planned on having this completed earlier but have been a bit busy, and apologise for not having this sorted sooner.

I hope to have the details posted soon of what is happening.

We have proposed dates, and once these are accepted by the centres involved, and the final game rates are established, we will be able to post our first entry forms for 2006.

Our first event is planned for early Feb 2006.

Will advise in the next couple of weeks.

Regards

Lance Dyer

Over the last few months it has been very interesting seeing Lance trying to get the Victorian circuit up and running. I think the time has come where we the bowlers need to tell Lance that we are going to be committed to the circuit, because he needs all the help that he can get. remember this circuit is for us the bowlers and with all the talent that we have in Victoria it should not be too hard to get this circuit on the road to success. send Lance an e-mail and give him your support and your contact details as well as your bowling mates,so that when the first event comes around he will have your details to send you and entry form. Lance is doing this because he wants to see bowling improve in Victoria, and that can only be done if all Vic bowlers give him their support, male & females. So do it now.........:rolleyes:

Bring this back up were it belong's.....

Are AMF playing the spoiler or were they alway's going to have thier comp?

Lance what's new's on your comp?

Gary..........................................:cool:

Lance,
Due to the change in which month the State champs are on, which they chose July this year when nothing else is on except Sale Cup in the middle weekend of the champs:( so when we start our new season of bowling and the new centre assoc board gets voted in i think that the first thing they will have to do is decide whether to change the date or just clash with the champs. Dont people make it hard when they change dates of tournys all the time.:rolleyes:

the reason for the change is due to the fact President Shiled and Junior Nationals have all been brought forward to April, this has caused a lot of problems with all events and several dates have had to be changed. But we are told that Junior Nationals will stay in this time slot which will allow all associations and centres to work around these dates. You need to face facts that sometimes dates need to be moved around for the sport to move forward. Lance, can you let us know if the Feb Tourney is going ahead or not ???

Maybe we should bring Sale Cup forward to when the junior nats are on, which is when Sale Cup is normaly, that way maybe Joe can give us a spot to win for Melbourne Cup.:rolleyes: :D :D
May bring more people down to Sale , the only prob would be to organise the other sponsors in time. Maybe possible. Other comments would be some help.
Lance how would this fit in with your schedule.

Back
Top Bottom