2003 Victoria Youth Circuit

P

Pedro

At last weekend's State Executive meeting we discussed a proposal to start a Youth specific circuit of 5 or 6 events for 2003.

This circuit would obviously include the ranked tournaments already planned for next year (Youth Roll Off and Melb Youth Cup).

What we wish to establish is what sort of interest we would get from the Youth bowlers within Victoria.

Also, what would be the preferred format?

A Victorian Youth Ranking system from these events to establish a Youth Bowler of the year?

Separate Male and Female Divisions?

Preferred "affordable" Entry Fees, etc, etc.

You tell me what would attract you to such a circuit of events? You guys are the customers so tell me what you want?

HEY PET GREAT IDEA
ILL BE IN IT 4 SURE IT WILL BE MY LAST YEAR AS A YOUTH BUT ATLEAST SOMEONE IS TRIING TO GET SOMETHING GOING FOR THE YOUTH BOWLERS OF THE STATE
YOU WOULD HAVE TO LOOK AT THINGS LIKE COST OF ENTRY NOT ALL YOUTH CAN AFFORD THE BIG DOLLARS AS WELL AS FORMAT YOUR NOT GOING TO GET BOWLERS IN IF THE FORMAT IS LETS SAY 6 GAMES QUAL TOP 10 MATCHPLAY BORING
ITS GOT TO BE WORTH BOWLING(COST VERSUS WINNINGS)NO ONE WANTS TO RISK 100-150 TO WIN 500-600.ITS HARD YOU DONT KNOW WHAT PEOPLE CAN AFFORD
WITH THE RANKINGS I BELEIVE THERE SHOULD BE TWO DIVISIONS MALE/FEMALE AND IF U GET ENOUGH INTRESTED GRADED DIV EVEN
THE THINGS TO LOOK AT:
COST
PRIZE FUND
FORMAT
CENTRE
WELL THERES MY OPINION I HOPE U CAN GET ALL THIS UP AND RUNNING GOOD LUCK
GO THE VICS

Peter,

I was looking at a tournament calendar at Bowlers World on Wednesday, and noticed the Melbourne Youth Cup lists the tournmanet as being Under 21's. Is this correct? Or has it been changed to conform to our national youth standard?

Milkman,

Melbourne Youth Tenpin Cup has always been U23. It's also a TBA Ranked Tournament.

Check out the back of the personal score cards I handed out at Youth Team Roll Off - all ranked Youth tournaments are listed there.

Clemmo,

There's a fine line between an affordable entry fee and an attractive prize fund. Obviously, the lesser the entry fee then the less the about of prize fund available for distribution.

Male and Female Divisions - yes I think that this is the way to go as it's too hard for the girls to match with the girls even if we go the European way and give them all a 10 pin head start.

I'm hoping you guys can tell me what you want but be reasonable. If we had a $50k sponsor we could offer you the world but the facts are that we don;t and we are very unlikely to have any sponsorship whatsoever.

A couple of committee people and myself are keen to get something happening for the ever forgotten Youth bowler.

I quite like the format of today's Fuze 500 at Mentone. This type of format gives everyone a chance of getting into the cash.

Some of the handicaps were certainly a bit suspect and this is something we would need to address.

Hey Pete,

Like the idea of this youth circuit, ill tell ya whats attractive.

* Big prize fund, low entry fee (Need a sponsor, thats a must)

* You dont want entries fees to be more than $60

* If you can, garuntee the prize fund, this is VERY attractice, and attracts bowlers all the time, just look at the r.v.t.b.a a few years ago.

Format
- bowl 8 games
- top 16 into matchplay
- stepladder final top 3

There you have it.....Good job Pete!
icon_wink.gif

Hey Lindz,

Perhaps your sponsor can put some funds into this?

Just like you think I do. LOL. You're forgetting that I'm married with children.

The only way to have a large guaranteed payout and a small entry fee is to have a sponsor put in something like a $1000.00 per tournament. I could then substantiate a prize pool of $3000.00.

My thoughts are to have the 2 ranked tournaments included inside a 6 event circuit. To make this work I'd need $4000 of sponsorship.

Any volunteers?

Hey Pete,

AWESOME IDEA!!!! Bowlers in victoria have been waiting for something like this for ages!

The circuit should have:

say 5 events.
2 of these events should have an entry fee of say $100 - $150 a generous prize fund. $1000 for 1st generally attracts alot of interest.

The other 3 say $70 - $80 entry with a reduced prize fund of about $600 for 1st.

Lindz's formatt sounds good. Maybe top 12 matchplay depending on entries.

The sooner this comes the better i say!!!!
Good stuff Pedro!!!!!!

3 positive responses . . . hmmmm. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

At least that's something to build on.

This year's calendar is very busy, so this concept will be considered for 2003.

heya ppls,
pedro great idea..
all i gots to say is
"SHOW ME THE MONEY"
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

but yeah lindz's format.
simple, easy and it works.
catch ya all lata.
take it easy.

--------------
mickey
icon_wink.gif

Hey all,

Peter I think it would be an excellent idea this youth circut here in Victoria...the idea of having rankings as well for the tournament for a Victorian Youth Bowler of the year would also be awesome....well you have my vote...I support the idea 100%.

However, correct me if i am wrong the tournament has to pay frist place of $1000 to be ranked nationally? Now if we want these tournaments to be ranked nationally then paying only $60 entry fee i cant see how we would get there....a sponsor would have to be a must then....but personally i dont mind paying upto $150 to compete for such a prize....just my thoughts..

I terms or format...i reckon 8-10 games qualifying over one of two days...top 12 cut i reckon 11 matchplay games plus on positional round...and only 10 pins bonus for a win with pinfall carrying...step ladder final tope 3 to finish...

Joel

I'm in favour of a "Sprint" event much similar to what is in Sydney right now.

If we land a sponsor and have $1000.00 as the first prize then we can apply to have this type of tournament ranked.

Sydney has two such events this year and it is giving the local NSW bowlers so many more ranking point opportunities than any other youth bowler outside of Sydney.

Victoria has 2 ranked youth tournaments this year, while NSW has 4, Qld 1 & SA 1.

Even with the entry fees at around $100 we only need about $2000 of sponsorship to get it ranked. Any suggestions?

FYI, today we may have raised some sponsorship dollars for a couple of these events courtesy of Werribee Superbowl.

Struc Plus Pty Ltd will sponsor one other event.

First prize in each tournament will be more than $500.00. How far we pay down will depend on the entry numbers.

The above funds add three tournaments (on top of the other two ranked tournaments) already listed for 2003.

Tell me, will this be enough folks?

Back
Top Bottom