Victorian Tournament Circuit 2006 (VTC)

xpense

retired
Just to keep all informed, l am still working on making this a reality in 2006. :p Negotians are still under way with centres for game rates & dates. I am also awaiting some information around next years nationally ranked events to ensure that this circuit does not clash, and that a couple of weeks are available between these events and any otehr major events being held. I want to ensure that all bowlers get the chance to bowl in the events they choose, but are not to effected by costs.

A quick run down of what has been put together so far. :cool:

The VTC will run 5 events throughout the year, these joined with the current events already available, Werribee Cup, State Champs, State Masters, Sale Cup & Warnambool Cup, will give us a great foundation for all tournament bowlers. :cool:

I am hopefull that Werribee, Sale & Warnambool will all agree to allow VTC ranking points to be awarded for bowlers who are competing in these 3 events, bring the VTC ranked events to 8 for the year. :p

Please see attached word doc for an outline of the possible events for to be run. These are the most likely for the 1st year, and with support and of course feedback we hope to improve on our idea's for all involved.

Please feel free to give any feedback.

Well done we do need a Tourament calender for us vic's.

Keep it going Lance........... ;)

Lance,

I have no problem in theory throwing Werribee into the mix. Could we possibly have a meeting sometime soon with all prospective participants for a briefing. Then we can have a forum with bowlers who would like input.

Edi

is there any other tournaments (for those who don't really bowl in tournaments much) like me?
Or is this just a start, maybe we can implement a calendar and put on TBA or TB internet site so everyone can have access to it?

I would be interested but we will wait and see what happens.

Chaz :p

We would both support a Victorian circuit, a few different formats and maybe even a sports condition if the centre can lay it down.
Would be great.

Graeme & Nat

Just to give a further update.

I am still hopeful of running the events posted earlier in this site. A couple of changes maybe made to formats, but nothing to drastic, and all will be informed well in advance.

I am talking to a few centers about holding these events at the moment, and hope to be able to give further updates in the near furture. It is hoped that the events will be held in centres that contain KEGAL machines, allowing some great patterns to be laid for the events.

It has not been decided if we go with the same pattern for all events, or ask for changes at each event to keep you all on your toes. The problem with the same pattern, is those that struggle with what was laid, then those people may not continue to support the events.

I am also hopeful of possibly having a womens section, instead of providing them handicap. This will depend on the amount of women willing to bowl though.

A few minor things to work out, but all is looing good at this stage. Hopeful of finding some sponsors to support our events to improve the overall prizefund, and possibly include awards around high games per block, for those missing cash, to increase the incentives to all bowling.

Keep those idea's coming and keep the support coming.

I pass on a big thanks to all those that have put up thier hands and said can l help get this running, as this is what we need.

Regards

Lance Dyer

Have no problems with that at all. The more the better, as this can only increase the prizepool for all.

Lance,

Without doubt this circuit will be a scratch event, but perhaps it is also possible to run a second "division" to try and encourage some of the more "average" bowlers to participate, and perhaps they will find they could make the step up.
I am not suggesting a handicapped "division", still scratch, but allowing bowlers with a TRUE average up to say 170 or 175 or 180, to compete against other like bowlers, and those bowlers that regularly win or the top two bowlers in this division would then be moved up to the "top" division.

Perhaps this will uncover some new blood, or at worst help improve the skills/average of those more "average" bowlers, and also improve participation.

It would be a bit like the AFL and VFL divisions.

Any thoughts on this???

Vaughnn

Myself and a few of my fellow bowlers will welcome this tourny schedule with great glee always up for some good competition. :D ;) ;) ;)

xpense. keep me posted on it then i would be interested in the circuit as i have a few friends in victoria i like to visit so maybe i will squeeze the circuit in the mix some where

vaughnn

i would suggest the MTBOV thats more geared towards the middle rung tournament bowler

i would believe the last thing we want to do here is re invent something that already exists.

Gday Lance, of course I would bowl. I'd love to support a Vic circuit for this class of bowler, something that is sorely lacking in the state. You either bowl the big tourneys, or wait for a small event to come around, a couple of which I've bowled in this year. Sometimes its a bit tough to come up with $300 for an SPC or an AO 6 events a year at $100-$150 sounds good. The only thing that worrries me is this...

xpense said:
It is hoped that the events will be held in centres that contain KEGAL machines, allowing some great patterns to be laid for the events.

Now I know you have to get some degree of consistency in a series of events, and I also know that you need to get as many bowlers as possible, thus getting a Kegel to lay down a scorable condition, but surely half the challenge in a series of events like this is to see who excels on a given pattern and lane surface. For example, I'm sure we at Melton would love to hold an event, we're only 40min away from the CBD, but we dont have a $50k lane machine, or flawless synthetic lanes. Its a challenge to bowl here, really tests your ability to compromise your game and make the changes you need, its not "get the ball between 5 and 12 board with any old release and I'm in the pocket"

Again, I and several guys I know would only welcome these events and bowl in as many as we can, whether they be at Werribee and Altona, or Rosebud and Melton. Congrats for having the initiative to try and creat something for bowlers who are lacking this very thing, just wondering if there is a specific need for the segregation?
Regards...

Adam Hayes

rychenroller said:
Now I know you have to get some degree of consistency in a series of events, and I also know that you need to get as many bowlers as possible, thus getting a Kegel to lay down a scorable condition, but surely half the challenge in a series of events like this is to see who excels on a given pattern and lane surface. For example, I'm sure we at Melton would love to hold an event, we're only 40min away from the CBD, but we dont have a $50k lane machine, or flawless synthetic lanes. Its a challenge to bowl here, really tests your ability to compromise your game and make the changes you need, its not "get the ball between 5 and 12 board with any old release and I'm in the pocket"

Again, I and several guys I know would only welcome these events and bowl in as many as we can, whether they be at Werribee and Altona, or Rosebud and Melton. Congrats for having the initiative to try and creat something for bowlers who are lacking this very thing, just wondering if there is a specific need for the segregation?
Regards...

Adam Hayes

G'day Adam,

Not really intending to segregate anyone out at all. l must be honest, and did not even think about an event at Melton Bowl. Me BAD. It is just the centres that l have been contatc with so far about the events that we are hoping to run, all happen to have the Kegal machine.

A couple of people have asked in PM's if the condition will be the same from event to event to keep the pattern the same, but l really feel, that we need to change it each event, to allow those that struggled on the last pattern a chance to see if it was them or the pattern they struggled with, and it will keep all interested, if it changes from event to event. Just like the Super Six does.

I will express this. I would like to see the patterns set more to reduce the massive area that is currently available to lot of bowlers in centres at the moment. That does not mean that scoring has to suffer if you are able to make adjustments.

I probably made the mistake of taking your post to the nth degree Lance, ie: "centres must have a Kegel or tourney wont be held there" so sorry about that :) The word "Kegel" sends most people into raptures, it gives me shudders personally and I dont have a list of who has one and who doesnt....I know what they are capable of doing to a bowling lane, but thats a whole new argument and I wont go there :D Guess I would prefer to average 194 and run 3rd, than 210 and run 10th, if you know what I mean.

With regards to us holding a tourney here, for all I know there could be a dozen centres wanting to be a part of it in which case its not practical. Then it breaks down to logistics, game rate offered, times preferred etc. Regardless, I'd like to support the idea and bowl in as many events possible if it comes to fruition. Good luck with it :D

Gary re MTBOV that organisation has been pushing up daisies for about 2 and a half years now.Oh by the way when someone works out how to get winners shirts outta daisies give me a call LOL. ;)

Back
Top Bottom