Vic State Championships...........

• Thread starter Morwell Tenpins
  • Start date
M

Morwell Tenpins

Hi Guys,
Can anyone out tell me if the Vic State Association is still functioning :roll: :roll: :roll:
I keep asking for Vic Championships results held at Geelong over 2 months ago and still to date we have no results . Surely to God in this day and age of IT technology we could expect to have these results posted the Following week the Championships finished.. :evil: :evil:
It would seem that the State body are not interested in the everyday bowler wanting to know where they finished and if they won any events.

But I bet if the bowlers did not enter the championships then the State body would be the first to have a go at the bowlers for not supporting the state body.

I think that it is about time the state body was revamped, get rid of the dead wood and put in some workers who are willing to look after the members of the Victorian State Body. There is no excuse for all these delays and keeping everyone in the dark all time. Spread the work load around and at least try and get the bowlers on site.

Yes, there would be a few people out there saying Joe's at it again and complaining, and yes I am because there seems to be a total lack of respect for the Vic bowlers in general from the State Body.

If I am barking up the wrong tree then prove it and explain to me and the rest of the Vic bowlers why it takes so long to post results and send out winners prize money.etc etc..... Why was there so much effort put into setting up a Vic web-site and now Jason Bundy who looks after the web site and can not get information to keep it up dated.

It just seems that several years ago Vic State was leading the way with regards to running the state etc. Since Peter Coburn has gone on the National Body, Vic State have slipped and slipped badly. We now also have the situation where as a State we do not have any current State managers as our previous Metro Manager has moved to Sydney and our Country Manager has been voted onto the national board. I was told a while ago that the new managers would be appointed by approx 15th June.........it is now July and still no confirmation on who are our new managers. I was als told that a certain bowler was asked if they would be interested in taking over the role as Metro manager and he accepted only to be told a month later that they would now be calling for nominations. Guess what they never received 1 nomination. Now I must be getting stupid , but why ask and then backtrack to finish with NO-One. It just goes to show that the board is not working towards the betterment of bowling in Victoria and I really believe that Nominations for a new board should be called for ASAP.
We need to get Vic Bowling back on track and we need to do it soon.
Just so we all understand each other, There are people on the board who are worthwhile having , but they are being surpressed by the very people who should be forging Victoria ahead.

I really want all you bowlers out there to start having your say and lets make the association of Victoria, who are there to represent you and I the bowlers for the betterment of bowling, accountable for their actions and running of this State. We need workers on the committee's who are passioned about the game and the bowlers. We don't need ego trippers or Gunners.

Get your fingers working and lets hear from you out there and let the state body know what your feelings are. Make the comments constructive and lets see if we can not get something happening for the better of Vic Bowling.

As designer of the Vic Tenpins site I find it very dissappointing that I'm not receiving any information to update it with. Normally I can make general content changes to the site within 2 to 3 days and any tournament results I can update the same day.

When designing the site I was hoping that it would promote the sport, inspire people to develop and achieve plus acknowledge the milestones that bowlers of all averages make each week. So far the site has provided known of these goals.

I've been a bowler now for nearlly 20 years & have been lucky to represent my state on 2 occassions and I'm passionate about trying to improve our sport for everyone. I agree with Joe if members of Vic Tenpins don't have the time then delegate to those that do.

Lets hope all the effort I put into developing this site, at no cost to Vic Tenpins, doesn't become just a waste of time.

Jayson Bundy (homerjay)
Wishbone Interactive Media

Just a question....

How come the accreditation rules of supplying the national body with full accredited tournament results doesn't seem to apply to the State Body??? It is a TBA regulation that results are supplied and prize fund distributed within 14 days. Does this mean that they are in violation of TBA rules? and if they are shouldn't action be taken against them? If it applies to others, why not them?

Last years excuse was the Junior Nationals, and not to mention that they wanted to wait until the end of financial year. (???)

Who are they accountable to?? Or is it a closed shop with jobs for mates.

I have posted before about delay's in result's. Some of the people i bowled with, it was their first time bowling State Champ's i bowl every Tuesday and i'm asked how did we finish all i can say is i don't know it will be on the WEB site next week :!: :!: :!: :!: ( vic tenpin's)

THAT WAS 6-8 WEEK'S AGO :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PS : I know it's not your fault Jayson..............

Gary........................

It is good to see you guys making some comments, now we want the bowlers who participated in the Champs to come forward and have their say. With regards to TBA posting results and why Vic Tenpins gets away with it, well why not drop a note to Peter Coburn at TBA and let him know that we are not too happy with whats going on. At the moment most of the state body are in NSW for the Jnr Nationals. It would be better if they stayed in Vic and got the work done here first before travelling interstate.
I do think that maybe TBA should step in and ask some question with regards to WHAT Victenpins are doing or not doing at the moment.

The current situation is very disappointing.
I bowled at Geelong and whilst I know I didn't do very well it would be good to see just where I finished.
This website has provided more information in the past few months than the official Vic Tenpins site.

No offence to Totalbowling.com but that is just not good enough

Graeme O'Connor

Hi Guys, Finally we have an answer with regards to Championships. Seems like Denece has taken this personal. The fact of the matter is that 2 months plus is far too long for any results to be posted and no matter what the excuse it is not good enough. I think the state body should look at someone like MTBA who post their results within 2 weeks of their championships being run. We can all make excuses day in day out but the fact still remains that the state is acting on behalf of all Victorian bowlers and should be a lot more transparent with regards to what is happening in the state.
As for putting my hand up with regards to Committees, I belong to quite a few and have been on every board in the state so I don't have a problem with standing back and having a go. The trouble with our State Committee is that there seems to be forward planning and the State Championships at geelong was a good example of that. But that's something the bowlers will have to point out to the state body.
And yes I do realise that everyone is a volunteer on the board and that most of the guys have full time jobs. But it is like everything else if you comitt yourself to a committee then you need to put the effort into it and not keep making excuses. Lets face it if the results had been posted a month ago and jason Bundy had the results to post on Vic Tenpins web-site then no would have started to bitch about the lack of communications from the State body.

Anyway I am really glad that at last we have the results from the state championships. Lets hope next year it will not take this long.

Joe
Please find results attached.
I have read your posting on totalbowling and once again am totally disappointed in your view of the state committee. It is people like you who deter anybody going on a committee and volunteering some of their time and giving what they can. All you ever seem to do Joe is sit back and criticise. I think that you are forgetting that the board exists of normal everyday people who have to work to live and therefore are not able to devote 24/7 to bowling. With what we have I feel that we haven’t done and are not doing a bad job. (You must remember that Peter Coburn ran his own business and was able to put in whatever time he wanted). As for the results being late – wouldn’t you rather correct results late than early results not necessarily correct? Cheques are also now being written out for the winners.

As for the state managers – please don’t kick us for this – it has nothing to do with us – it is wholly and solely TBA.

If you really have some issues with the state board – then why not contact them instead of posting to a site all the time. I for one always think twice about re-electing when there are the types like you who won’t put their hand up but knock all the time.

Regards
Denece Jones.

Oops all us bowlers better shut up and have no say because we may work 60 hrs per week . Maybe thats why we are not on the board because we know we can't put in the time required.
I don't understand what TBA has to do with this, is it not the VTBA that runs this event. Maybe im missing something here. Please explain.
Can someone please shoot me down now.

Well obviously there are some members of the VTBA who check on this forum so why not take 5 minutes to post a message on the VTBA website apologising for the delay and a brief explanation. It seems like the delegates think they don't have to communicate cos maybe should be able to read minds but it does get under your skin when there is no communication. If the delay in results can be explained I'm sure many would understand. This is showing a total lack of respect for the bowler. The VTBA must answer to its members but it seems like they don't have to answer to anyone. I won't be offering to 'to do the job better' but if you are part of a team then do the job properly or move aside. My opinion.

scoreggia
This is showing a total lack of respect for the bowler.
A bit harsh I feel, as these people donate thier time for the bowlers and for bowling.
and
I won't be offering to 'to do the job better'
Typical isn't it
but if you are part of a team then do the job properly or move aside. My opinion.
What, move aside so you wont do the job, that makes alot of sense.

I agree that things could possibly be done a bit quicker but with the lack of technology and software available to the VTBA committee as well as the distance between most on the committe I think that some of the remarks on this forum are not warranted.
Just my opinion.

Rob

It is good to see the results finally being posted. But I had to pass them onto jason because no one else did.Just seems strange that for several months everone is asking for results and nothing happens and as soon as we get on a posting where everyone can see what is going on we actually get some results.However I would have thought Vic Tenpins webmster would have been given a copy before me. Anyway the main thing is that we do have the results and the bowlers who supported the state championships have been acknowledged.

As for some things not been warranted, it is like all clubs, if you put your hand up to volunteer then you must expect to put the hours in and make sure that your members are looked after. And I will repeat what I said earlier it does not take over 2 months to check scores and post results. Several years ago you knew on the same weekend and monies were posted pretty early. And they did not have computers then it was all done by hand held calculators. So there is no real excuse for the delay.

Seems like Denece thinks that people that run there own business can devote more time, I think not ,Just try it!!!!
:shock: :shock:

Back
Top Bottom