Brunswick Vapour Zone

mattr

I had my vapour zone drilled up last night with the pin under the rong finger CG in the middle of my span and the hot spot 3 inches @ 5 oclock from my thumb.

Looking at this ball go down the lane it seems to roll very consistantly and doesnt snap like most of the other balls do.

It gets through the heads very cleanly and just continues to roll up into the pocket keeping the pins low and creating very good carry.

If your after a ball to roll over to the back end and still be able to get the 10 out this is the ball for you.

For more information please call Chester Hill proshop or heritage bay

Regards
Matt

Thanks Matt i had mine drilled yesterday and 2 night in league and must say rolls through the heads cleanly and just rolls into the pocket nicely.
Chris

KnuckleHead said:
Thanks Matt i had mine drilled yesterday and 2 night in league and must say rolls through the heads cleanly and just rolls into the pocket nicely.
Chris

That exactly what they arwe designed to do. I love mine its a ball you can bowl with all day

Matt RIley
Brunswick Bowling
Asia Pacific Staff

Rolls into the pocket nicely...my ass!!!!

This thing hooks all over the place...i must admit...the house pattern is dryish.

But i couldnt control this thing at all...maybe with more oil it will be great

But the hook on this thing is huge.

I usually have a problem with balls not aggressive enough for my shot..but this thing is massive.

Have fun with this ball everyone.

It makes Craigy look like he puts his fingers in

Ducati 851 said:
Rolls into the pocket nicely...my ass!!!!
This thing hooks all over the place...i must admit...the house pattern is dryish.
But i couldnt control this thing at all...maybe with more oil it will be great
But the hook on this thing is huge.
I usually have a problem with balls not aggressive enough for my shot..but this thing is massive.
Have fun with this ball everyone.
It makes Craigy look like he puts his fingers in

Give it time to track up. Most Brunswick covers tend to mellow slightly after a good 20 games, and they become hard hitting control balls, even with higher flaring layouts.

How did you end up getting it drilled?

Tonx I'm sure you would know that balls are NOT suppose to be 'tracked up' anymore. Whilst box finish is optimum, I encourage all bowlers to adjust surfaces of their equipment to suit the conditions they are bowling.

At no stage do I ever recommend 'just track it up' or let the ball 'wear in'. This goes against what every single manufacturer of bowling balls recommends.

Ducati,

If you are having troubles controlling this ball you should consider dulling down the surface to control the backend more. You can hit it lightly with a green or grey pad (wet) and go from there. This makes the ball read the lane earlier but certainly delivers a smoother and controlled motion at the back.

G

Yeah good point george. I think its a large case of not enough oil. haha and too many revs

GeorgeF said:
Tonx I'm sure you would know that balls are NOT suppose to be 'tracked up' anymore. Whilst box finish is optimum, I encourage all bowlers to adjust surfaces of their equipment to suit the conditions they are bowling.

George, thanks for the suggestion.

Personally, I much prefer tracked up balls as opposed to recently surfaced, or OOB finishes. The coverstock creates microfractures within the track area, and the impact zone, which allows a more controlable read off the breakpoint for myself. FWIW, I have only ever used 1 brunswick ball in box finish (that I maintain at box finish) and found it the best reaction for me.

Being an activator + cover, the vapour comes 220grit roughbuff finish OOB. Roughbuff is a unique finish, and many brunswick experts DO actually recommend allowing the ball to track up slightly, as it becomes more decisive off the break when these microfractures occur. A prime example is my AI, (also using activator+ coverstock) where i didnt like it OOB, so I allowed it to track up slightly by bowling on older drier wooden lanes, and now its one of my favourite balls in the bag. Although I do like your suggestion of grey pad if he wants extra traction, and less aggressive backends, the green pad (600grit) on 90% of conditions won't allow the ball to retain any energy for its breakpoint, as the activator+ is quite strong.

Im sure this may just be another thing that we disagree on, but to each his own.

Cheers!

Ducati 851 said:
A bit disappointed in this comment Shannon.

Gavin

Back
Top Bottom