Under 23's Doubles League

JoSpencer

Attention all aspiring Under 23's (SA Bowlers)!

Norwood Bowl is looking to start a new Under 23's Doubles league.

It will be both a Scratch and Handicap league. Everyone will automatically be in both divisions. A standing sheet for each will be posted each week. At the end of the season, the placing that gives you the most prize money is what you will be awarded.

Make sense? Example, each week you play 3 games of doubles. At the end of the season, if you are placed 3rd in the Scratch division but 2nd in the Handicap division you would officially receive 2nd place prize money from the Handicap Division. (you would only be eligible for prizemoney from one division).

There will be $1000 first place for each division, this gives you two chances at the top prize.

Daniel at Norwood wants to know of anyone interested in such league and also your preference to day / time.

Please post here (or in the SA section) if you are interested and also what your preferred day / time is.

Please can you put your name to your post so we can contact you once we have finalised details.

Alternatively, email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Jo
icon_smile.gif

hey Jo, um....i was just wondering if u new how much this league would cost because it sounds interesting and could give juniors a lot of competition!!
i am definetly interested in this league if it goes underway and im sure lot of other juniors would be to.

matty.
icon_eek.gif

email add: [email protected]

I would be interested if I can fit it in between school, work etc

Thanks to those for your replies. I think (I will check) that it will cost about $16 for 3 games. I will confirm this though.

Can you all please reply again and let me know what day and time is best for you so we can schedule the league around your other bowling committments, school, and work.

Thanks

Jo

hey Jo, i think that the price is good for a money league. the day for me would be thursday at around 6:30. this gives us time for skool commitments(if still in skool) and work commitments.

thanx
matty
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_eek.gif

Hi everyone

I've been working on this new youth league with Norwood Bowl. I have most of the information about it.

At this moment we are looking at it being held on Sunday's at 5 pm. Although this hasnt been confirmed yet.

It is $1000 first prize for both divisions, and we currently have $4,500 in prize fund. and still trying to get more!

It is $16 for 3 games. The season goes for 24 weeks.

I have more info... so if anyone wants to know any more or express any comments about it please put ur email address on here for me to email you about it. Then we will be able to fully finalise it and get it up and running!

Michelle

Hey Shelley,

Could ya email when u know some more as i've been thinkin bout it and when i know more i canmake a final decision if i wanna bowl or not!

Been thinkin tho as it's a Youth League wouldn't it be better not to have it bowled on a weekend as if any tourneys are on there will be alot of pre and post bowling which makes things hard.

I was thinkin maybe a wednesday nite would be good cause then it's in the middle of the week and won't matter if ur traveling for a tourney on the weekend or anything.

That my 2 cents worth hope its a help

Will talk to ya soon bout it k

Luv Lil Leisa

Hey Leisa,

We had thought about holding the league on a weeknight, and we spent ages trying to figure out what day would be best for everyone. But in the end we decided that we could'nt just keep changing the dates to try and please one or two people (does that make sense?!) and we had to just settle on a time and day that we thought would be the best.

Also, we have got a few people lined up from noarlunga bowl so it would be pretty hard for them to try and travel all the way down from noarlunga on a wed (or whatever day) afternoon.

But, I will email you about it soon enough. I am having another meeting tomorrow morn, so hopefully it will be finalised by then!

bye!
Michelle

Back
Top Bottom