top 10 tasmanians ever

Thanks Brett for the update there.
Last news I heard was that Gary Crick shot 805 in Launceston some years ago and Norm Green had 801 at Moonah.
We probably should get a list together of all high 3-game and 4-game series as well as games bowled throughout the State (Centre/Pair/Date's Bowled/League or Tournament) as well as a roll of all Tourneys throughout the State (Years/Winners and so forth)
You're certainly correct in saying I've been out of the scene for a while - 1997 to be exact - lack of employment and having a 3 year-old daughter makes things a bit hard on the pocket unfortunately.
The other reason I don't bowl many torneys now is my back problems I've had for more than a decade - I can't bowl anymore than two days in a row without feeling like a tribe of elephants have held a rave party on my back.
Full credit to you guys up there, you have a far superior Junior Development programme and tournament structure in the North of the State than we have in Hobart. Hell, we don't even have an association to speak of down here now, let alone a City Championships or Bowler of the Year which has not been held the last two years. I had planned to bowl in the BOY to test my back out (with a view to playing some tourneys again next year) but regrettably, this was cancelled.
Hopefully in the coming years this will be rectified to some degree.
Top Ten: Ashley Riley, Matt Riley, Garry Crick, Alex Peshti, Geoff Vince, Rod Radcliffe, Tony Giunta, Danny Corbett, Alan Coleman, Paul Lucock.
Best of luck to y'all
icon_biggrin.gif

Nice to see that I am mentioned at least 3 times for my efforts over the past 17 Years.
icon_sad.gif
Or doesn't anybody remember except for me? LOL

hey every1,

thought I might as well throw my two bobs worth in!!!!

I think every1 has nearly been covered, except I am suprised that Matt Burtt only gets 1 mention (and that was from matty in the original post). he was awesome, but yet again just another wasted talent!!!

for the record, the guys that have consistently performed very well in all types of conditions in the 10-12 years I have been around are;

Ashley Riley, Matt Burtt, Matthew Riley, Paul Lucock, Garry Crick, Brett Kenley, Hayden George, Ted Tyluki .........

But I am well aware that there were many great bowlers "before my time"!!!!

That's all from me, except, perhaps in around 10 years time i might be considered to be added to such a list as a 'Cricky' type bowler .... always around the mark and a good Rachuig team member!!! - and hopefully part of a winning team in the near future!!!!

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year .... see you all soon!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_cool.gif

Back
Top Bottom