Tips for Interstate Tournament travel

sturner

Terrified
Hi everyone

I wouldn't mind travelling to the Melbourne Cup in 2012. I know its early to plan things but just wondering where everyone stays? I'm not really familiar with the area.

Thanks

the venue changes every year mate - 2009 was at Epping, 2010 was at Narre Warren and 2011 was at Chirnside Park so u mite wanna wait for the release of the entry form or check the TBA website from time to time

i believe the 2012 event will be returning to Chirnside park so your best bet is to search for accomodation in croydon, lilydale area.

Lilydale is no more than 10mins from Chirnside Park bowling alley. There are a few motels along Maroondah hwy that should suit.

Thanks everyone, thats really good to know that is the correct area, pending no change in the tournament location. Looking forward to it. :)

Restaurant recommendations, anyone?

I went to an awesome Greek place down there somewhere within 10 minutes of Mooroolbark with Nick Koumandakis, but that was 20 years ago, in the dark, in the rain and I'd had a few beers by then, so I don't even remember where it was! :)

When it was at Altona, the Arab bakery (Victoria Bakery) out the front of the bowl is word class for middle eastern desserts and coffee and Godfathers Pizza and Pasta is good cheap and cheerful stuff!

Arab bakery (Victoria Bakery) out the front of the bowl is word class for middle eastern desserts and coffee and Godfathers Pizza and Pasta is good cheap and cheerful stuff!
Having 'worked' in Altona while I was running Holt last year, I heard and saw some horror stories with this place - avoid it like the plague was the advice given to me. They have a habit of leaving things to cool on open benches out the back and aren't very good at fighting the birds or bugs off!

Back
Top Bottom