Time to scrap the ranking system....cos we all know BELMO is #1

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Why do we even have this ridiculous so called 'rankings' system, when it's been perfectly clear for a few years now that Jason Belmonte is Australia's #1bowler. The mere fact that he rarely competes on these shores today means nothing. He deserves a spot of the top of the ranking list until such time as he can no longer be competitive.

so if for the example of golf, if tiger woods decided to pull out of the uspga tour and went to play on the european tour instead, should the uspga reserve tigers #1 spot for him???

if belmo doesnt bowl any events then he shouldnt get any points towards australian rankings, which im sure was a price he was more than willing to pay as he made it into pba.
george has earnt his spot on top of the rankings even if it is without belmo contesting the events.

I think it should be renamed as the TBA season points race, similar to the PBA. The term "rankings" is stale.

We have the rankings system for a reason, I'm yet to figure out what that is but maybe one day we will know. The point is that you have to abide by the rules and regulations of any rankings system and because Belmo is not here he subsquently doesn't receive any Australian ranking points. It's pretty obvious Belmo is the best bowler we have but he doesn't bowl here so he doesn't get the points, quite simple actually.

To be honest, after speaking to Belmo I'm pretty sure its the last thing on his mind right now. Ranking, smanking, it doesnt matter in the grand scale of things. There maybe only a handul of people who take notice of those rankings anyway.

You really need to get a life Wayne and stop posting some much, the 'bull$hit alert post meter' is going off the charts more and more with your posts.

I agree with George. Seriously, why even start something like this??? Belmo is without doubt the greatest bowler Australia has produced, but that doesn't mean that he's the best bowler on Australian soil at the moment. Maybe that's why the ranking system is in place??

P.S. Huge congrats Belmo, you've done all of Australia proud mate :)

You're right in one sense George. While Belmo is the best bowler that Australia has ever produced, you are the man on top of the rankings. I do take notice of these things as do many of TotalBowling's members.

Statistic are what drives interest in sports. Averages, money earnings, points..it all adds up, and the end result usually tells us who was the best at their sport of a measured period of time. You..Mr George Frilingos have been the 'best' bowler to regularly compete on Australian soil for the past 5-6 years. But the stage isn't confined to our shores..it's a world stage on which we base our idols and Jason Belmonte just entered into the kingdom of greatness. The PBA title is what separates him from the likes of the Tim Macks of the world.

Believe it or not, I'm still your friend and someone you can trust to give you an honest answer to anything you ask of me, in spite of the animosity which both of us have written here of late.

be safe dude,
Wayne

Kinda the same as when Carol and then Cara were beating everyone up on the womens tour, everyone knew who the best was.

Back
Top Bottom