Thrilling stepladder in store for PBA TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS

elsie

NEWSFLASH

Saturday, 14 February 2015

In a thrilling positional round (Game 48) of the 50th Barbasol PBA Tournament of Champions, Australia’s Jason Belmonte defeated overall leader Rhino Page 247-224 to set up an exciting stepladder final tomorrow in defence of the title he won last year.

Rounding out the top five are Ryan Ciminelli, Sean Rash and Scott Norton, while Bill O’Neill missed the cut by just 19 pins.

Play resumes at Woodland Bowl in Indianapolis at 1pm Sunday (local USA time) with the top five players competing for the second major title of the 2015 season in a live ESPN telecast.

ENDS

SPOILER ALERT!!!!...

DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THIS ON REPLAY LATER....

Congrats again Jason. An unbelievable comeback after opening the first frame and just after Rash had bowled a 300 the game before. Page struggled with carry early and it put JB in a commanding position early that he never looked like losing grip of. Well done you are killing it...

i can't believe belmo's efforts haven't made the news, but they report on someone coming forth in the golf. or that a football club in the UK won a match.

so i took it upon myself to spam ABC Grandstand's Facebook Messages.

every bit helps.

But but bowling is just something you go and do with the lights out and strobes on, loud "music" blaring, to see how stupidly you can knock over the pins after bouncing off the kiddie rails!

*mumbles*

i can't believe belmo's efforts haven't made the news, but they report on someone coming forth in the golf. or that a football club in the UK won a match.

so i took it upon myself to spam ABC Grandstand's Facebook Messages.

every bit helps.

Thanks John,

I agree, and rest assured it’s not from lack of trying … I distributed a media release within a couple of hours of Jason’s win to a very large number of targeted media personnel and outlets, including the AAP wire service, and followed this up with dozens of phone calls and further emails – encouragingly, I know that Ray Hadley announced the result and congratulated Belmo at the top of his Morning Show on Monday, a program that’s syndicated nationally and has the highest rating in that time slot and I’m also aware that the Brekky team on SEN Sport Radio (Andy & Gazey) were talking up the story on their program, in addition to SEN’s news coverage.

As well as the numerous reports in US media and international websites, naturally the entire media spectrum in the Orange region gave blanket coverage to Jason’s momentous achievement and many national newspapers and their online editions including The West Australian, The AGE in Melbourne, Sydney Morning Herald etc. all published the story, as did Yahoo and SBS Sport News.

Last week, after Jason’s historic USBC Masters victory, there was a similar flurry of excitement and interest from the media, resulting in several radio interviews squeezed into short breaks between Jason’s matches while he was on the other side of the world in a totally different time zone. Not the easiest for Jason but he responded like a trooper, as always, and for a short time bowling hit the headlines in a wide range of media.

I agree wholeheartedly that there’s never enough media attention to our sport, so the more the merrier when it comes to contacting newspapers, radio and TV stations with positive news stories and achievements in bowling. Praising the media when it does give bowling a mention with Likes and other online feedback, as well as utilising our personal social media platforms to viralise (is that a verb?) bowling news - it all helps! :)

There’s a good chance of another Fox Sports appearance for Belmo coming up soon, but in the meantime, let’s give ESPN as much positive feedback as possible for telecasting the last couple of PBA Majors live here in Australia.

Cheers, Lynne

Made me a bit happy to see that story, although the "American Sports" tag was a little irritating.

GOOD NEWS! …. Tune in for another interview with Andy & Gazey tomorrow morning at 6.55am on Melbourne’s SEN Sport Radio (or listen live online),
PLUS spots on Fox Sports and Ten’s THE PROJECT are in the pipeline … lots happening and not much rest for Belmo who is only back home for a few days before further Tour stops in Qatar and Bahrain.

Back
Top Bottom