things you hate in bowling

bfcc

there are a couple of things i hate in bowling and i am sure everyone out there hates something about the game.

1- guys that bitch and whinge about the lane conditions the bad carry , then you look at a score sheet and the same guy is in the top 3 averaging 220+ (just shut up and bowl :x :x )
2- people that take 10 minutes on every shot just to go 8 miss!!!

* People who feel the need to give 4 lanes right of way (sometimes in league).

* People who continue to crap on about the left/right issue. A good saying I heard recently was " no matter how tough or easy the shot was, it never stopped the winner from winning ". Learn to stop whining and bowl with what your given and make the most of it. If you don't win, you weren't good enough, end of story. :twisted:

Hay man ur right they alway wined about every thing they do and the shot their got just quit it and bowl thats y u have fun :D :lol:

Complaining about lane conditions is up there on the list. Especially when I don't see any change from week to week.

Another is the condition of the approaches. It's not my fault you use so much rosin that it gets down on the floor and you step in it.

Excessive lane courtesy. I'm sorry if you're bothered by someone 30 lanes away. Have you ever thought of using blinders?

Slow bowlers. Why stand there for so long? Forgot what last adjustment you made?

People using high load particle stuff on light oil, and suddenly complain that the ball isn't hooking because of too much oil. Duh! it rolled out at the foul line.

Having to fight all the birthday parties just to get a few games in. Also, the lack of cheap lane rentals just for practice.

Things I hate in bowling:
1) Politics - I have seen countless very good junior bowlers get totally sick of all the bitching and whingeing and crap that goes on and quit the sport.

2) Pensioners - Not all pensioners are bad, lets get that one straightened out. But, I get really sick of whingeing old pensioners who turn up to the bowl with nothing better to do with thier time other than make trouble for young bowlers. The "he swore, I'm going to complain and have him suspended" type of crap that pervades some centres. Do us a favour and have fun and enjoy yourself, if not go home.

3) Stinky Bowlers - There's no excuse for a lack of personal hygiene. I have lost count of how many bowlers I've come across who.....well...stink quite frankly. Lets get them with a high-powered K'archer before they enter the centre.

4) Pricing - Whilst I recognise that as an "Indoor Sport" thus seen as a luxury, I still think the game is way too expensive at the moment. I believe that if the prices were slashed the centres would be full most of the time as a sport like this should be. Many social bowlers I talk too say that they would love to play the game more often but, find it too expensive.

5) Drinking in Centres - This is a pet-hate of mine. I'm not against drinking but, if you want to have a drink, do it in a pub or at home.
It does the sport absolutely no credability at all to see the sight of drunken social bowlers carrying on like yahoo's, damaging equipment, and behaving in an offensive manner.
I believe the only people who should be allowed to be served alcohol in Centres are Sanctioned bowlers - as they are subject to disciplining if they misuse alcohol whereas social players can behave like absolute cock-heads and be let off generally because the Centre doesn't want to lose the customer. I have seen some pretty ordinary examples of behaviour and have almost come to blows with more than one social bowler before.

The list is endless but, these are some I can think of for the moment

1/ Lack of oil.

2/ Bowlers with "AN ATTITUDE" (especially juniors)

3/ People posting on this forum under an alias for the purpose of stirring trouble but being afraid of people knowing it's them.

4/ Bowlers that blame everyone else and everything else for their bad game or series

5/ Lefties (just joking) :D :D

6/ The price of bowling equipment :evil:

7/ My average

:?

Rob

The morgue atmostphere at tournaments and when someone gives you a lame "five".

Back
Top Bottom