The PBA is coming to Sydney

That will be the Masters. Says it in the release. I like how they go from Austria to Australia. Reminiscent of so many jokes about how Americans think they're so close to each other! I have been asked that in the US, more than once! (There's a famous D-Gen sketch where they play The Thunderbirds that uses that ploy elegantly.)

That will be the Masters. Says it in the release. I like how they go from Austria to Australia. Reminiscent of so many jokes about how Americans think they're so close to each other! I have been asked that in the US, more than once! (There's a famous D-Gen sketch where they play The Thunderbirds that uses that ploy elegantly.)
Goodness Jason, I thought all that Austria / Australia confusion was left behind in the '50s. In those far off days I was in Korea ( along with lots of Americans ) Almost none knew where Australia was. A few more had heard of Austria, but mainly they thought we were " Mounties " because of our wide brimmed hat.

Good to see them come back again!!!

I just came back from a trip including Austria and they have t-shirts with: "No Kangaroos in Austria"

The locals still talk about Americans trying to come to Australia, however book tickets to Austria online instead and wonder what happened.

Attachments

• austria.JPG
    austria.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 22
  • austria.JPG
    austria.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom