The New Dragon City Lanes

Matt H

Bowlers World
A new year and finally a change for the better. After speaking to the new manager at bendigo lanes. I was very pleased to hear that they are changing for the better.
A breif list of changes that league bowlers will see in 2006 are:
Better lane conditions ( MORE OIL)
Tournaments every month
New super single league (Cash)
Better pro shop facility

Thats Fantastic to hear that the new mangament and owner are finally going to do something with dragon city lanes.

Greg Brooks is the new owner, and has appointed a new manager.

Graeme is his first name, but I have forgotten his last name. He has a history of managing a few centres in Melb.

As CB Heat says. A bit of consistancy would be nice.

Should be an interesting year.

so with Graeme Worthington in charge Bendigo should last about ..............lets say 12 months.

wheelbarrow said:
Greg Brooks is the new owner, and has appointed a new manager.
Graeme is his first name, but I have forgotten his last name. He has a history of managing a few centres in Melb.
As CB Heat says. A bit of consistancy would be nice.
Should be an interesting year.

Wortho has a history of attempting to run a few centres in melb....theres quite a discrepancy there, let me tell you.

Good luck for you Bendigo bowlers though, I hope it works out.

I dont want a sledgefight here about it....hopefully he's better now and puts a wholehearted effort into it. Lets just say.....we're still recovering after half a dozen years :) As a bloke I didnt mind him....and he once got us on to Kingston Heath for a round which was nice haha. As a boss....well you guys can be the judge of that.

Good luck to you guys up there :D

Not going to get into the whole Graeme Wothington thing but my 2 bobs worth on lane conditions.......

..I bowled at bendigo for 30 something years, and yes, I whinged about conditions at times, somtimes consistancy, but mostly lack of oil.

For those of you who are still in Bendigo, appreciate this, I now live in Melbourne and have bowled league at Mooroolbark and Keon Park. I look for tough centres to practice on so I can hone my technique and shot making ability - and yes I know you'll all say practice more cause it aint working!

So my thought is don't get hung up on consistancy, its a little boring and you don't learn, more oil....great. I think the new ownership will try their guts out and that's all anyone can do....isn't it?

Good luck to all involved.
David McEwan

Yeah well people change for the better and l must say sorry about everyone having a go at greame because it was not meant to be like this. All l was trying to do was notify people about the new changes at dragon city lanes.

Good to hear from you David.

The problems normally are, that you cannot make everybody happy, and most of the time when bowlers are not bowling well it is the condition (or lack of oil) that is blamed.

The good thing with the new ownership is that they are listening to the bowlers in an effort to find some middle ground.

If that brings in new bowlers and gets old ones to come back, I'm all for it.

wheelbarrow said:
Good to hear from you David.
The problems normally are, that you cannot make everybody happy, and most of the time when bowlers are not bowling well it is the condition (or lack of oil) that is blamed.
The good thing with the new ownership is that they are listening to the bowlers in an effort to find some middle ground.
If that brings in new bowlers and gets old ones to come back, I'm all for it.
Well in the past the biggest problem at bendigo was the lack of interest from mangement to listen to the bowlers. Thats why i agree with wheelbarrow and his comment above.
I also think people should not judge a person by his past and agree with Matt H in saying people change.

David (wheelbarrow).
Good to hear from you too and a Happy new year to you, Trace and Co.

You are right about bowlers and conditions and you are right about the management of the bowl, they are listening, if you look in the pro-shop you will see the new stuff, that's a fair commitment up front. The new attitude is the bowler is the customer and the customer comes first. Let's hope people realise the bowl needs the bowlers in Bendigo and the Bowlers need the bowl! No where esle to go is there??????

I think if Bendigo Bowlers give good feedback to the right people, things will only get better. Not a shot at previous management by the way, just think Greg is more open to ideas at present.

David

all the changers that are happening in bendigo sound all for the better and i hope that they start getten bowler back there witch i still lived in town to bowl there again but i make a trip to bendigo to have a bowl and see what the lanes are like some time soon. will happy new year David (wheelbarrow) Trace and Co. David McEwan hope you all have a good year and i see you all in a bowl some where some time down the line

Back
Top Bottom