The 5-7-10

stormxxx

I've been told by a few people that this is nearly impossible to spare. and If people have picked the 7-10 up before, then obviously the 5-7-10 is the hardest possible spare to pick up because it's "Impossible" according to a youtube video where Chris Barnes left it, and the commentators say and I quote "It's an impossible spare and It will be an open frame".

My mum claims she has seen little kids pick it up before?, would that have something to do with the deflection that lighter balls have when hitting a head pin?.

yes maybe possible if you hit the 5 on the side with enough force and had a good rebound also to come back for the 7 or the 10 maybe possible but yes its basically impossible but if there is a REAL video of someone sparing it i would like to see it.

Look closely at that video, near the annotations. Is there something in the gutter assisting that?
Never-the-less, the 5-7-10 is very spareable. It's probably hard to find footage of, because it is not a common leave.

I've spared it, took me 40mins but I did. Had a bet going with a friend in Vegas where you could set down the same split over and over (Brunswick machines), took me 20mins to realise the 6lb's rebound too much :) Finally spared it with an 8 lb. No thumb, cup wrist, 5 into the 7, ball hits the 10, difficult, not impossible :)

It's the only spare I've never got. I've got the 7-10 several times.

I think I saw it picked up during an event I was in at Mt. Gravatt, years ago.

Terry Sheehan's son. Forgotten his name. Not his fault - my bad memory.

Bowled a slow, BIG hook. Ball got 5 - 7. 5 pin got 10 pin.

No. you've got me, and while I'm 'fessing up, I haven't picked up the 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10 either. Unfortunately, I've only knocked down those I've been able to leave up! Silly me.

I did it the same way george did, stuck a brunswick machine on spare shooter, after about 45 mins i got it, with a 7lb though, same technique.. the 2,3,8,9 is a fun one too

Seen it done twice in 30+ years I've been around bowling.

One was a big bloke that bowled league here back in the 80's & 90's called Mick Collins, threw a backup ball all the time, slid the five over in front of the ten, ten fell back and the five darted straight back across and took the seven.
Most entertaining was Adam Carr about twelve years ago in league at Moonah, copped the biggest raspberry ever from the whole league for leaving it, casually gets up there and nonchalantly fires it at the five pin, kicks the back of the ten with it and it bounced up out of the pit and smacked the seven pin hard.
Gave the bird to the whole place on the way back off the approach too, brought the house down :D

Yes, that's right. I meant EXACTLY what I said!

Good on you Jim , I'm with you

I spared the 5-7 - 10 when i was a junior, plainly arse but i did it

7-10 once , again just pure arse

Big 4 and Greek Church toooo !!!!

So yes these things can be got, not often though !!

Back
Top Bottom