Mary Flower
Sarah Knowland
Ann Kirby
Jenny Yarnold

Barry Morgan
John Whillans
Alan McKay
David Knowland

Can those states who have their teams already please advise if they had more than the nominated 4 bowlers rolloff, and if draft applications have been submitted with TBA? many thanks

Broni - Qld Seniors Challenge Co-ordinator

Hi Bron
Fely Shih from WA has submitted a draft application and been advised that she is successful, but not advised what state she is drafted to.
Brenda Kirkwood

This is in reply to Bron Morgan regarding the draft for Seniors Challenge
One man has applied for the draft. No spare ladies.:(

The vacancy in the Qld Ladies team has now been filled - Coral Haworth of North Queensland will step up to the plate as part of her preparation for Japan. Thank you Coral ;)

Broni Morgan
Qld Seniors Challenge co-ordinator

That's good you now have a full team.
I am trying to find out how much the challenge is actually going to cost each team. John Coxon says that TBA have not finalised costs yet and the "bio" forms are not yet available. Time is getting short.
If you have any idea about it, I would love to know.
Some of our team members are going to Japan and trying to sort out a budget for this, as well as the Seniors Teams Challenge is getting scary!
Hope your team preparations are going to plan and good luck for Melbourne. See you there.
Josie Adams

Hi Josie

Not that I know anymore than you, but we have envisaged TBA costs to be quite low, and the major costs state-associated (ie uniforms, accom, airfares etc). We have tried to keep ours as low as possible by relaxing travel and accommodation restrictions - if you can stay at Grandmas house for free, and want to drive rather than fly, then do it!!! ;)

We in Qld have estimated, on a rough basis, that aside from the probable dinner at $45, the only other cost that should be charged to us by TBA would be lineage - and we have based that on 18 games x 8 bowers @$5.50 (AMF rates, and we are fairly sure Altona is NOT AMF) which is $792 per state, or $99 each team member. As the Challenge is being played for medals and not cash prizes, I can't see why the states would be charged any more - but I could be wrong!

Aside from that, the only other costs that we can foresee is an all events entry/s,t,d, and nomination fee for those who choose to remain to compete in TBA Seniors Cup (an extra $100), and photos, if people choose to purchase them.

All in all, shouldn't necessarily be too expensive, depending of course on your accommodation.

Broni Morgan:D

We in Qld have estimated, on a rough basis, that aside from the probable dinner at $45, the only other cost that should be charged to us by TBA would be lineage - and we have based that on 18 games x 8 bowers @$5.50 (AMF rates, and we are fairly sure Altona is NOT AMF) which is $792 per state, or $99 each team member. As the Challenge is being played for medals and not cash prizes, I can't see why the states would be charged any more - but I could be wrong!
All in all, shouldn't necessarily be too expensive, depending of course on your accommodation.
/QUOTE]

woops - didn't I get that one wrong!!! Our estimate $99 per person - actual $206.25 per person, not including dinner........:surrender:

Back
Top Bottom