Tasmania Masters Results

Cricky

Manila 2009
The mens final had an absolutely enthralling finish with Hayden George, Brett Kenley & Aaron Franklin fighting it out for the title. With 1 game to go, Aaron held a 15 pin lead from Brett with Hayden a further 7 pins away in third. Just to add to the tension, Aaron was playing Hayden on lanes 11 & 12 with Brett playing Mark Vaas on 9 & 10. At some stage during the final game each bowler held the lead and coming into the 10th frame there was still only just a few pins seperating the top 3.

Hayden stayed clean to beat Aaron 188 to 172. All attention then turned to Brett who was holding a slender lead going into the last frame. Brett had a turkey going and only needed to close the frame with a high count to win the match and the title. The ball went just a little wide of his target and didn't quite make it back to the pocket for a 1 2 4 6 10 split. Brett's attempt to convert the spare only just missed leaving the 10 pin standing and left him with a 191 to his opponents 194. It was an unbelievable finish and congratulations to Hayden for coming through under extreme pressure to take out his 1st Adult Masters title.

In the ladies final, Debbie Bowtell overcame strong competition from Kassey Fechner to eventually win by 65 pins. Debbie's win completed a clean sweep of Masters events for the year by winning the 4 Area Masters titles and the State final - GREAT EFFORT DEB.

[/u]RESULTS

Men

1st. Hayden George...............2437.....207 Ave
2nd. Brett Kenley....................2427.....207
3rd. Aaron Franklin.................2423.....209
4th. Andrew Phillips................2309.....199
5th. Scott Summers................2306.....195
6th. Jason Griggs....................2278.....196
7th. Ted Tylutki.......................2265.....196
8th. Paul Oakley.....................2243.....198
=9th. Ashley Riley....................2195.....190
=9th. Mark Vaas......................2195.....188
11th. Dan Bunting...................2130......184
12th. Mark Foster - withdrew due to injury

Women

1st. Debbie Bowtell.................2106.....191
2nd. Kassey Fechner................2041.....185
3rd. Jackie Crick......................2005......182
4th. Nana Heth.......................1882......171
5th. Allison Potter...................1696......169

hayden, a huge congratulations on your win, it was awesome to watch you and also bowl along side you too, you were awesome through out the day, you deserved to win that tournement with the way you bowled, congratulations to the other place getters and also to debbie who was under alot of pressure from kassey.

I was extremely happy to make the finals for this let alone even get as far as i did especially with the stiff comepetition out there with not only the bowlers but the condition of some of the lanes surface, as any one will agree i think they were the most demanding lanes of the day(even more than 1 and 2)

once again congratulations and goodluck in the aussie masters if you decide to go over.

thank you too for everyone that helped run the tournement, it wouldnt have gone as well without your help, thank you very much!

Congratulations to Gus, who finally gets a MUCH deserved win, in what must be one of the closest Masters finals on record. Also to Debbie "Grandslam" Bowtell.... aren't you getting bored now?? :lol:

I know I'm probably going to get fried for these comments, but I really got give two hoots.... As far as lane conditions, consistancy ect ect... WHAT A JOKE! 2 lanes that hook 10 boards more, and about 15 feet earlier due to the condition of the surface... ie: NO TOP COAT... and a lane that the sweep that got hit at least twice due to a machine malfunction.. a problem which has been going on for at least a month... which resulted in having to move that pair to a pair that again had no top coat.

Not bad for a centre that is "AMF SOUTHERN REGION CENTRE OF THE YEAR" That includes Victoria too :roll:

I would like to commend James and Erica who were working the counter, for doing the very best that they could considering all the shit that happened. It can't be easy working with crap.

Huge congratulations to Debbie and Gus for their wins on the weekend.

Debbie is an inspiration in every tournament by giving us other females something to aspire to. It was a very deserved and convincing win, you deserved it Deb! I will just say that I am happy for once there is a tournament (Lonny Masters) that I know you won't beat me in - I won't be bowling!

And it was great to see Gus get up on the weekend, I had no idea how long it had been since he had a victory. It was great to see it meant so much too him as well. Well done Gus, couldn't be happier for you.

Again, well done to you both!!

Congrats to Gus on his great win !! you rock man !

Also, can I just ask what Ash is doing hanging around outside the toilets ? I cant tell if its the guys or girls, either way it looks a bit sus !! hehehe

yeh greame its the girls lol
but well done gus and deb very well deserved both of you!!!!!

:lol: marsh :lol:

I would just like to say very well done to Debbie on another win, U are an inspiration to this sport and im so glad to know u and that u bowl in tassie now, U are get for our sport and make us females work that bit harder to try to beat u, not that we have yet. U are a freak i mean that in a nice way, u can bowl anywhere.

To gus well done u have finally got there, u deserve it. Ur speach too well what can i say the ones that where there that heard it will know what i mean, it was a very teary one. :( :)

Well done to u both.

Love jackie :twisted:

I would just like to say thanks to everybody for the congratulations and the kind words. Its means a lot to me. Just to clarify something though, I did say in my speech that it was the 1st State Title I had won in 12 years. This was correct but I have won Lonny Adult Masters 3 times since 1994. Apart from that, I have always been the Bridesmaid LOL

Cheers

GRANDSLAM BOWTELL

:D Well done Debbles, you bowled really well, and we are proud of you. It is nice to read the accolades that you so richly deserve. from your bowling friends.Great to catch up with Brett, and I'll see you in a couple of weeks. Love the picture.!

Well done Gus on winning your first State tourney since 1991.
That gives hope to an underachieving old bastard like me to finally pull my finger out and win a bloody title at last ............1994 at last count.
Well done mate you did well, and well done to Debbie too you are a great champ.

TIGER :lol:

Back
Top Bottom