Sydney Senior Classic

davybaby

This would have to be the worst tournament I have bowled in!! Certainly my lowest scores.
The pins were up to 2 years old according to an experienced observer.
The oil pattern, according to others was nothing like that published. The approaches were slow, and the differences between lanes was up to 10 boards !
Perhaps TBA should inspect the centre, the equipment and facilities before giving accreditation.
My 2 main strike balls were damaged [ gouged ] on the track. [ tough! ] and was left to bowl with my 3rd choice ball, which was gouged towards the last games as well.
No doubt we won't be bowling there again.
Full credit to the bowlers who finished on top. Their knowledge and application was sensational. They never gave up like some of us and perservered to the end.

Well done bowlers ! Badly done, Enfield.

DavyBaby.

Looks like not much has changed...

Thanks for the info David, i'll bring my old stuff for my rolloffs next year.

Hi Richard

Before assuming where the roll offs are going to be I would suggest you check with your state association

:):):)

Just thought everyone should know that the centre was told to oil only the lanes that the squad was bowling on so they would have the same condition as the 1st squad and also to save a bit of time. The lane condition was the same as the one posted on the net as we analysed the lanes before the tournament. Unfortunatly is was very humid on Saturday and that can have an effect on the lanes conditions and approaches. It would have been the same in any other centre.

I also bowled my lowest score in the 5 years of seniors tournaments. The main reason being the twitching of a leg muscle in the 1st game due to no slide on the approaches leaving me to hobble for the next 17 games. I have since washed and dried my shoe sole and ordered a shoe cover slide for future problem approaches.

I have now bowled 7 games this week where I can slide at a 30 pin per game better result.

Tony F

Back
Top Bottom