SUNSHINE CUP - Grand Prix Series

bworld

Here it is folks, the re-vamped Grand Prix Series.

This series of events which also include the Hobart Cup which will have a separate format and prizefund has now been approved for distribution.

Excuse the shabby entry form, but I put it together myself at short notice.

Hope you like it, it pays well if the bowlers support it, and it is very challenging.

The Sunshine Cup which has qualifying available NOW is a good lead-in to the Australian Open and will give everyone a try at the lanes, so give Sunshine a call and book some lanes.

Best of luck with it all, and hopefully we can have some good competition and scores.

As always, please give me your comments.

Regards,
Patrick Birtig

Attachments

• 2006 Grand Prix Series.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 222
Well done Patrick on getting this up and running so quick, top effort :D

Not sure about the qualifying, that could get messy.
It will be interesting to see how it runs.

But as I said great job on short notice.

Frosty:rolleyes:

I agree with jedi_bowler, a top effort by Patrick to cook something up so quickly.

Maybe entrants should express their interest in competing within this thread so they can co-ordinate who they can bowl with and what time?

My $0.02...

Evert

That format looks UNREAL!

great job Patrick!

Anyone interested in doing something this Saturday morning?

Thank you to everyone for the confidence in the tournament.

This is not that new a format, it's been around for decades, the difference is the matchplay section.

Hopefully bowlers will support these events, and we will see many more bowlers entering, because anyone can have a good 5 games to get onto the top 16 board, and all they have to do then is win 3 matches to get to the final!!

I will try and get updated scores to be posted so bowlers know what they need to beat.

Good luck everyone, and see you there for the final.

Regards,
Patrick Birtig

How about we arrange for some squad times Saturday 25th March.

More than happy to arrange this. I can call the bowl, and find out what time the last entry must be in by, and then see if we can book say 6 lanes for the day, at 1 end of the house, to not disturb to many people. We may even be able to get the lanes re-oiled every 3 squads then. Maybe. We could have 3 or 4 to a pair, and run sqauds very 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

We could then arrange to have some set times, and this ensures that everyone has the chance to bowl with someone as per entry conditions. Also you can still enter when you wish, but this will hopefully help those that need someone to bowl with.

We could then keep a running total at the bowl, on the last day to assist everyone.

More than happy to help set up this concept for the Saturday before the final. 25th March, providing the bowl was also willing.

Thoughts and idea's on this guys

Pat,

Love the idea. Just qualifying, with someone else may prove to be a problem. Hope the idea above is OK.

Hope also that the bowlers get behind this concept, and if they like it let Pat know, if not give some idea's on what else is viable. Even advise of entry fees that you would happily pay.

Would you pay more to bowl in this event for a 1st entry yes or no? type if stuff. This type of stuff, is what Pat needs to know. Lets ensure it keeps going.

Pat have noticed, no check in time for the final on entry form.

Are you able to advise please.

Thanks

Looks good Patrick. Entry fee is good. Format is interesting. Will have a go.

Anyone interested this Sunday morning?

Just a question, now I realise I can't do it.

Why is it on the same weekend as werribee youth? I want to support these events (hence the reason rocking up to the last one, even tho I was sick as a dog) but National events take preference at this stage.

Hi everyone,

Spoke to Sunshine yesterday, they will have lanes available on Saturday the 25th for qualifying, lots of bowlers will be there on the day, but don't leave it to the last minute.

Regarding Werribee Youth, qualifying is also on Saturday, and matchplay on Sunday, unfortunetely we don't have the luxury of not clashing with something because there is so much on.

We don't believe we will have a problem with this tournament, most of the bowlers we will attract are not in Youth, besides the ones that don't make the top 16 in Werribee and were fortunate to make the board at Sunshine can bowl on Sunday!!

Check-in can vary depending on the centres running these Grand Prix events which is why I didn't put the times on the flyer, however the centre will let you know if you make the cut what time to check-in.

Regarding bowlers worried about bowling with someone, it's amazing how many will want to bowl with you when you ring the centre and tell them you are coming, there will be others wanting to bowl, just wait and see.

This is not an unusual format, for many years we went from centre to centre chasing South Pacific spots, I remember one year at Morwell, the centre which had 26 lanes was packed with bowlers vying for a spot in the top 16 the day before the final which was on New Years Day, 4 games qualifying and the bottom score was 815 in the morning, at the end of the day the bottom score was 840, and they put through nearly 200 entries that day alone!!

This type of format is common right throughout Europe and Asia, with just a little tweek to suit us down under.

Thanks for all your comments.

Regards,
Patrick Birtig

tonx said:
Why is it on the same weekend as werribee youth? I want to support these events (hence the reason rocking up to the last one, even tho I was sick as a dog) but National events take preference at this stage.

Hey Tonx,

Take a couple of entry forms with you mate. for the bowlers that miss the cut they could race over to Sunshine Saturday Afternoon, and have a go at making the final. After all for $60 bucks, it does not add that much to the weekends costs, and you never know, one of them maybe able to ppick up the $1000 for 1st place.

Just an idea.

Hello Everyone,

Sunshine will be holding two qualifying squads, with fresh conditions. The first will be held Tuesday 21st March at 8.30pm. The second will be held on Saturday 25th March at 10.00am. If you are interested in bowling within these squads please register you rname with AMF Sunshine on 9311 5799.

Regards,

Craig.

There will also be a third squad at 9.30am on Sunday 19th March.

Be sure to support these events so that they can continue to grow.

AMF Sunshine.

Back
Top Bottom