Storm Storm Natural

da_cowman

Shocker
Staff member
Apologies for the delay in getting to this Review.

I got the Storm Natural as a replacement ball for the Urethane which I had been carrying started to crack out. What really sold me on this ball was seeing the amazing look that Mitch Marris had with it on the Short Pattern at Geelong Youth.

I had mine drilled by Jason Doust down at Bowlers Edge. We went with a drilling of Jason's recommendation, a 3 3/8thx3 3/8th with the Hole 3 3/8th from my PAP.

While I haven't thrown it as much as I would have liked I did see some key things in the time that I did throw it.

The most important part of the lane, especially for Urethanes is the Mids, if a Urethane misses the Mids then your in trouble. Not so much with the Natural. The Turbine Core gave the Natural more down lane kick then any other Urethane I have seen. Not saying it was comparable to a Virtual Gravity, but keeping it all relative, the Natural gave more hope for the light carries when the ball skids too much through the Mids.

This Core also gave the ball some drive through the pins then what I had previously seen with my Urethanes. The strong drilling that we went with made sure the ball would start up and keep going, and it does keep going. The Core helps the stand up and roll through the pins, instead of the sliding that can occur with Urethanes and Plastics.

The shot I have thrown with the Natural have been extremely promising and I would recommend that anyone looking for a lighter oil or short oil ball seriously consider the Natural. Also works greater as a spare ball with more variety for power when the lanes break down.

I will post another update again when I have had some more opportunities to throw this ball.

Thanks for reading!

Cow

Back
Top Bottom