Storm Storm Fire Power

AdrianS

This is the future!!!
Thought i'd throw in something different so this isn't just a Track forum!

OK, I bought this ball already drilled with the pin over the ring finger and center of gravity just right of grip centre, a pretty standard drilling for good length and strong backend. The surface is polished to 1200 grit.

It might be getting a little long in the tooth as far as bowling balls go but this thing still packs a wallop. I've owned 3 different skid/snap type balls from Storm(the Bolt and Eraser were the other 2)and while this ball has the hard backend of the other 2 it also has a stronger midlane reaction as well. On my fairly wide open leauge condition(basically stand left/throw right until the heads go then move outside 2nd arrow where there's still oil)this ball is huge, actually a little too huge as the 1200 grit polish makes the ball bite a little early. Get it to the breakpoint though and watch it plow through the rack(and leave an 8 pin if you catch it too well!) a change to 2000 polish should cure this problem, while a lighter polish or sand should help when some more oil is about. Give it a condition with some more hold in the middle than your typical half fried leauge shot and some dry backends and let it rip, just get the ball surface right for dryer or flooded shots or you'll get a look on the lane you don't really want.

Back
Top Bottom