Steve Hampson wins Western Open (QLD)

hamster

Just a Bowler
Congratulation to Steve " Hammer " Hampson on his maidien grand prix win. After A squad had finished on saturday with the fast finishing Jason Walsh overhauling Carl Bottomley in the final block with a fantastic 555 , i thought first was pretty much sown up with jason sitting on +406 for 12.
Was i wrong. Steve came out firing for the first 6 games to be at 211 over and then stepped it up a notch for the next 4 games to be 395 over for 10. With his smallest block of the day (431) steve put the final nails into the coffin to win.
Mark Sheehan powered home nicely at the end of the day to bump Carl out of 3rd place.
Thanks to the staff at Richlands for a well run event and to everyone who bowled. See you at the next event .

Top 5:
1st Steve Hampson
2nd Jason Walsh
3rd Mark Sheehan
4th Carl Bottomley
5th Darryl Alford
The paid down to 25th which was at -18

Hamster/Gerbil

Congratulations to Steve - he told me last week that he'd win it!

Also - well done to Darren Suna who bowled a nice 299 in his first game (must have been during my non-jinx phase mate).

Krissy

congratulations to hammer on his great bowling at the western open he really has been bowling well for a while and really deserved his win on the weekend :

Back
Top Bottom