State Championships

bm2

I'm still standin'
Well what a weekend -

high scores, low scores, smiles, a tear or too - and most importantly, the camaraderie and sportsmanship showed by over 140 Queensland bowlers in what has turned out to be one of the most successful Queensland State Championships in many a year.

Our thanks to Brian Bates, Bruce Dunn, all the back end staff and the canteen staff at Caboolture Bowl for the work that they have put in both before and during this weekend's event - your crew worked as one and the fact that we had NO delays, no breakdowns, no holdups is a credit to you all.

To the volunteer helpers of the Adult Committee - Morty Douglass, Leanne Nastasi, Ray Trenham, and the perennial Mr Secretary, Andrew Shinnie, for the runing around, score corrections, computer work and other fiddly stuff that you performed over the weekend - thank you so much.

Importantly - thank you to the 144 bowlers who gave of their time and their money, especially in a time when finances are tight across all aspects of our lives, to support State Championships. Bowling is OUR sport, events such as these are for all of us, and without the support from you all, this sport will die. At least this weekend, YOU showed that our sport is not dying here in Queensland, and I sincerely hope that championships continue to run this successfully well into the future. With your continued support, it will continue to grow and get better!

Results for the championships will be available on the TBAQ website within the next week, and prize fund payouts should be within a fortnight. If I don't have your bank account, and you are a winner, I will contact you for those details over the next couple of days.

Results are now on the TBAQ website....

as per the entry forms, prizes are disributed

1 -10 entries first prize only - 100% of prize fund
11 -20 entries - 2 prizes (1st 65% 2nd 35%)
21-30 entries - 3 prizes (1st 60% 2nd 27% 3rd 13%)
31 - 40 entries 4 prizes (1st 55%, 2nd 25% 3rd 12% 4th 8%)

If you haven't provided your bank account details and you have won a divisional prize, please do so asap so that the funds can be transferred to your account. The distribution of prizes will commence from tomorrow :)

Again, thanks to all who participated, and we hope to see you all again next year!

Broni

what happened to my singles and all events (not that they were worth noting) but they were not listed

Thanks

Geoff

Back
Top Bottom