State Championships

The Insider

Trophy Collector
Hi

Does anyone know where or when the NSW State Championships for 2008 will be held?

I haven't heard anything so I was just wondering...

I heard they were going to be held in June during the weekend before the long weekend and during the long weekend with the masters on the public holiday.

Where? Well i've heard rumors of it being held at a private centre. I've heard Manhattan SuperBowl Liverpool or Interbowl Gosford holding it again.

It's always been a last minute release for these championships anyway.

Richard, i approached Mary Bacon on this issue a couple of weeks ago and was informed that NSW TBA will be making a decision as to where at there meeting on the weekend 2 and 3 February. no possible venue was given to me as it will be made public after the meeting.

pity i want to get our accommodation organised for the long weekend, oh well another week or two wo'nt be so bad.

shoey

why have it on the long weekend that is rediculous

alot of people go away then or as a bowler the melbourne cup will be on

As Assistant Tournament Director I can now inform everyone that the NSW State Championship wiil be held on the 7th, 8th, 9th, 14th & 15th June 2008 at South Strathfield Superbowl (formerly Enfield Bowl).

Matt,

long weekend is perfect for us coming into Sydney from Tamworth and from memory it has been so for at least 25 years.

the event is also on the weekend after long weekend for Open grade bowlers with the open masters on that weekend.

the long weekend is set up more for Seniors and Restricted with their masters on over the long weekend

Richard, Forbesy has given you what you want.

Shoey

WTF? Ex-Enfield bowl?

Tell me you did not just say that!

Well, all I know about that bowl is that they plan on reburishing it, or already have...

The decision to hold the State Championships at the Super Bowl South Strathfield was after ALL the Tenders had been received.
As most Centres in NSW have not yet completed their respective paperwork for Registration for 2008, by the time the paperwork has been completed for Tournament Accreditation the Centre chosen WILL BE REGISTERED.

Did Strathfield South say what type of lanes are being put down, AMF pulled out all their equipment.
Or an opening date?
Leanne.

Back
Top Bottom