SQ Youth Roll Offs

Jeff, thanks for your reply. If you disagree with the term 'elite', that's fine, but still, you do cash in these tournaments and I wouldn't want to come up against you. :)

When I first put forward the question on this forum to the organisers, the information about reasoning behind decisions was not forthcoming at all. The reason given was that there weren't any weekends free, so when I realised there was a Twin Tour that didn't clash with anything the weekend before, I, of course, wanted to ask about that.

I fully understand the reasoning, with regards to the required/desired conditions, now that they have been explained, but I still feel that the task facing basically all of the Youth females and some of the Youth males in making any money back at all is a mammoth one, which possibly could have been avoided.

I don't necessarily disagree with the chosen tournament, based on conditions and matching up to the Werribee setup, but I still wonder why a separate, smaller payout for the Youth kids (who are being asked to enter a tournament they normally wouldn't) isn't possible.

I'm not going to post anything more on this, as I can see that the format has been set, which is fine. My intention when writing these posts was not to slander anyone or put anyone down, just to offer an alternative to the situation.

With regards to the insulting last comment about only looking out for myself, as I said, I am speaking on behalf of others who feel the same way. I have always been taught to speak up and question decisions when unsure of the reasoning behind them, which is what I have done.

Thank you to Jase and Jeff for replying,

Krissy

I'm sure it will be a good weekend of bowling, I'm looking forward to it. Having not bowled a Sports Series event this year due to Uni and work committments, I have noticed a very sharp decline in my tournament and league performances.. the sports series is very beneficial to any aspiring bowler wanting to perform at the top level. And it's not impossible to cash in these events either, I've come 6th before, and it pays a lot more places than that.

I can see Krissy's point of view, especially for some of the youth females. See how it goes this year, and look at how it may be improved for next year's roll off, and then offer suggestions to the committee.

Having spoken to Laura weeks ago about the reasons for it being incorporated into the sports series, I don't think anything was intentionally withheld in terms of reasoning. Laura was more than happy to discuss it with me, and I fully support the youth committee's decision to hold the roll off in conjuction with the sports series, based on the reasoning given about conditions, free weekends, and the like. I also personally believe that Caboolture is an excellent venue for the rolloff.

Thankyou to Jeff for looking after us as youth bowlers and trying to help us out by incorporating us into your event.

Cheers,
Timmy.

Guys, you are forgetting the bigger picture......your MAIN aim is to make the team - cashing in the process is merely a bonus along the way, compared to previous rolloffs where you just paid the money and left empty handed if you didn't make the team.

Broni

Thank you Broni, you took the words right out of my mouth. If you make the team then chances are you will make some money.
After reading all of the past posts, I can tell you that I am ready to tell all and sundry they know what they can do with being a committee person.
If you don't like the decisions made, which is in the best interest of the "team" then come and have some input. I, for one, am sick of making all the decisions with Laura on our own.
Chris Ireland

rollo said:
Thank you Broni, you took the words right out of my mouth. If you make the team then chances are you will make some money.
After reading all of the past posts, I can tell you that I am ready to tell all and sundry they know what they can do with being a committee person.
If you don't like the decisions made, which is in the best interest of the "team" then come and have some input. I, for one, am sick of making all the decisions with Laura on our own.
Chris Ireland

Well said Chris, your committee is making a great difference to the sport for the sport !

Back
Top Bottom