Sport Tournament - RESULTS

bfcc

USA KEGEL SPORT CONDITION MINI-TOURNAMENT

WHERE- CABOOLTURE BOWL

COST- $50-8 GAMES SCRATCH PINFALL

DATE- 13TH OCTOBER STARTING 2PM (date and time may change as we want a full field)

PAY OUT- BASED ON 24 BOWLERS(we are limited to 24)
1-$100
2-$90
3-$80
4-$70
5-$60
6-$60
7-$50
8-$50

CONDITIONS-this is a kegel sport condition that has been used on the pba pro tour-HEAVY OIL TO 37 FEET WITH A SLIGHT BUFF, it has a 2 to 1 ratio(twice the amount of oil in the middle then the edge). for the people that have bowled on the house condition at caboolture this condition is 25% wetter.

PURPOSE-the idea of this mini tournament is to test these sport condition and see if they are the future to tournament bowling in australia, we want to get feed back from all bowlers who attend.

CHALLENGE-ok guys here it is brian bates has done the right thing and offered this to the tournament bowlers, now it is up to you to take up the challenge and back your skill against a pba pro condition, we all now how good the kegel machine is now lets find out how good the tournament bowlers of australia are !!!!!!!!!!!

ok we are after just 24 bowlers so please leave your name and phone number here or email me at [email protected]

at this stage we have 11 bowlers confirmed with the likes of -
george frilingos
andrew drew
tony hamilton
lawrie hill
dwambo
dave hardy
sid ciancio
brendan heathwood

there will be a bbq and drinks after the tournament so bring your partners and we can all enjoy a drink and a chat afterwards.

hi all , we have just found out about the greenslopes cup on the same weekend, so we dont want to take numbers away from greenslopes so this is what we will do-
1- if greenslopes cup does go we will postpone untill a later date
2- if the greenslope cup doesn't go then we will go ahead with the mini tournament at caboolture.

we are doing this so that both tournaments will be supported,brian is committed to running a sport condition tournament and it will go ahead on a different date, we would still like to get names of people who wish to bowl and will contact you with a new date if needed.

I praise Batesy for his support in trying to put down a " SPORT " condition. I'm sure Greenslopes will get the run though. Look forward to the first SPORT event at Caboolture soon.

Don't forget though, SPORT means 2:1 ratio, some SPORT conditions are easier than others, the pattern you speak of is one of the hardest (trust me on this one). Can't wait to see some bowlers balls head the wrong way in the first 37ft and drown in the oil. Should be an eye opener for everyone.

G

I have had the pleasure of bowling on this sport condition and what can i say it is tough . But it will bring the skill back to the game and let the bumper bowling go out the window .
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif

I had the PLEASURE of bowling on this condition with SCOTTY.... and his right, it is tough, but i recall him and others saying that it is even tougher on synthetics, so it would be good if there could be a comparison tournament on synthetics.... but this is a great start....

i too got to bowl on the sport condition
not real easy that is for sure, but it is better than the "bumper bowling for adults" type conditions that scotti was talking about.
we need to bring the skill back, and bring on the oil at the same time.
we need to start setting conditions that are goin to allow these new balls to be used to their full potential. this way we wouldnt have to put mirror finishes on balls to get them to skid
i guess all we can do is wait and see

ok guys as of today greenslopes has only 9 entries , so it looks like we will go ahead with the sport condition tournament at caboolture on saturday 13th start time has been put back to 2:30pm,for any one interested please leave a message here or email me .

BFCC

Just give Greenslopes few more days, I talked to people yesterday who hadn't nominated. I'd wait until Wednesday arvo to see how many they had then. I know it makes things a little harder to plan but we should at least give Greenslopes the opportunity to run their event first. I don't really care, I"ll be at either!!

George

BFCC

Kind of hoping that Greenslopes goes ahead - I am one of the 9 that have put my name down. Come on guys, get behind this tourney!

Failing this, count me in for your tournament.

I would like to help George and Sid keep the left handed flag flying proud.

May the bowling gods be with us all.

Cheers

Jon King
icon_wink.gif

hi all, well we are going to run this tournament this saturday checkin at 230pm.there will be a free bbq put on by batesy when we are finished bowling and for the guys wanting to make some extra money we will run brackets on the side.

come on guys this tournament is for the bowlers to test your skill on a usa sport condition.batesy wants to get feedback from all bowlers to see if these sport conditions are the future of tournament bowling in australia.

Well I just spoke with Greenslopes and apparently they have 20 bowlers down for this weekend .. so maybe a rethink of the caboolture tournament ???

hi graham,just got back from league bowled with george who got a message from greenslopes saying it was off because of caboolture.5 minutes later lawrie hill got a phone call from greenslopes saying it was off because of mary's tournament. so we will be going ahead
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

hi all, numbers are growing(16 of 24 ) and we are limited to 24 so if anyone wants to bowl get in quick. to petebowl well done and thanks for making the trip(after watching george last night you will enjoy your mars bar lol).

the only change to the tournament is that the bbq is a sausage sizzle .hope this doesn't upset too many lol.

so to everyone coming bring some extra cash brakets on the side and batesy promised the beer will be cold when we are finished!!

AND GO THE LEFTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BOWL PLEASE RING ME ON 0418746824 OR EMAIL ON [email protected]

OK I'm in.
How could I resist the opportunity to drive 4hrs each way to bowl on a frustrating condition with the chance of winning petrol money...... Sounds like my kind of Saturday !
George ...Do u want to double the bet to 2 Mars Bars.This time you better pay up when u lose...... (NOW.... I'm MOTIVATED )

hi all , just a short post after the tournament(graham will post final standings later).
to brian bates well done brian it was good to see a great condition put down and hope you continue to do so for all tournaments in the future
icon_biggrin.gif

to darryl alford well bowled mate u were the best bowler there on the day and deserved your win.

on the condition it was nice to be able to put the ball down early and bowl on some oil, in saying that it was if you missed your mark by a board or two you were punished(and that is good for bowling)some of us found it tough but at least we know how much work we have to do to be able to compete on a sport condition.

finally all i can to any tournament director out there PUT DOWN A SPORT CONDITIONS AND BRING THE SKILL BACK TO BOWLING!!!!!!!!!

FINAL STANDINGS : SPORTS CONDITION TOURNAMENT
all totals from 8 games

1 Darryl Alford 1714/214 ave
2 Graham Williams 1617/202 ave
3 John Whillans 1604/200 ave
4 Tony Hamilton 1598/199 ave
5 Brendan Heathwood 1597/199 ave
6 Brian Pilkington 1588/198 ave
7 George Frilingos 1581/197 ave
8 Dave Hardy 1577/197 ave
9 Lawrie Hill 1567/195 ave
10 John Filko 1466/183 ave
11 Peter Brierly 1463/182 ave
12 David Porter 1458/182 ave
13 Sid Ciancio 1457/182 ave
14 Ben Hynes 1456/182 ave
15 Nick Mayes 1394/174 ave
16 Tim Ellem 1382/172 ave
17 Jeff Briggs 1371/171 ave
18 Jim Carter 1346/168 ave
19 Jim Cross 1312/164 ave

Paid to 6th place.

Thanks to Batesy and BFCC for a well run little tourney.

I came out of retirement for this one - curious as to what was going to be laid down. Condition was tough - miss either way and you were in all sorts of trouble. Highlight of my day was a 2 count on the first shot - I always wanted to take out the 6-9 clean !

Also getting out of trouble with a ball change straight after that to come home with 694 for the last 3
icon_smile.gif

Apparently there will be another one before Xmas so hope to see more bowlers then.

I have got to say what a pleasure it was to bowl in something where skill played a major part. Bring on the sport conditions and we might just save this poor old SPORT that we all love.
Also well done Brian and Ronnie, a great event which was well run and enjoyed by all.

Also well done to B.F.C.C , your organisation and support for this event made sure that it ran smoothtly. Anyone that didn't bowl make sure that you get in early for the next one or you are missing out on a great test of you bowling abilities.
Just try and keep more on the edge next time Batesy.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I have to agree, it was a great event, no more than 50 pins separating 8 places, the sort of results we would like to see more of. As we discussed after the event an important part in laying conditions like this is education. The bowlers who attended kept an open mind and knew the conditions were going to be tough. Not all bowlers will like it because of the reduced scores but it really is a step in the right direction.

As Les Nicholson said from Kegle " We are in Phase 1 of our SPORT patterns ". It is going to take a while. I've got a good idea for a format for SPORT patterns, I'll post it under another topic.

Good work to BFCC, Batesy and Graham who ran the brackets on the side with the assistance of Mr.Hardy's better half. See you at the next one, I hope it is soon.

Back
Top Bottom