Sport Bowling

krdavis

If we were able to find a centre willing to run a Sport Bowling pattern down for a SB League in Brisbane, would anyone be interested in joining it? As most short leagues draw to a close, now may be an opportune time to start this up. As far as I know, there are no leagues that put down a true sport bowling condition, and a league like this would not only sort the boys from the men, but would be great prep for tournaments. The USBC have their sport series and this has been very successful.

Thoughts ??

We'd love to bowl a league like that! It would be great to bowl more than just once a month/2 months on a Sport Series condition!! The only problem we would face is that we already bowl 2 leagues a week.

Kyles & Lacky

krdavis said:
Anyone know if any Bris centers are Synthetic and use Kegel ?

Milton and Mt Gravatt.

Aspley also has a Kegel Kustodian, but their synthetics are not HPL.

I would love to try sports shots on synthetic lanes, as it is now the sports series is only bowled on wood.. would be nice to try some synthetics.

What would be fun is if a selection of say 5 different patterns were created and each week we rotated through them.

I wonder if Mt Gravatt would be interested ?? -

Hi Krdavis,

We have a sport bowling league at Mentone in Victoria and it is over 20 weeks per season. We put 5 different sport bowling oil patterns down changing the oil pattern every 4 weeks. This allows bowlers to experiment with what may or may not work on that oil pattern for 4 weeks. By that time, they should have learned something or at least tried something new on that condition. It has been a good learning experience over the past year.

I encourage more bowling centres in Australia to adopt a Sport Bowling league of their own!

Chris

Chris Mesagno is the Victoria State Representative of the TBA Sport Psychology Team and has completed and submitted his Ph.D. in Sport and Exercise Psychology. He is a competitive bowler of 20 years, has participated on the University of Florida (U.F.; U.S.A.) collegiate bowling team, was assistant coach of the U.F. bowling team, is a U.S.A. Bowling Bronze Level Certified Coach, and is the author of a bowling CD distributed to colleges and universities in the US. He was also a member of the 2003 and 2004 Victorian State Rachuig Team.

Back
Top Bottom