SPC - transportation help required

Beanie

Hi all,

I'm coming to the SPC at Moorabbin next weekend, and I need some help with getting from Melbourne Airport to the centre at Moorabbin on Friday Sept 2.

I've had a look at the public transport websites, but can't make head or tail of the maps because I don't know Melbourne that well. What's the best way of getting from the Airport direct to the centre? What buses/trains do I need to catch?

If the buses are no good I'm prepared to take a taxi to the nearest major train station, but I want to avoid taking a taxi all the way to Moorabbin if I can avoid it.

If anybody is prepared to pick me up from the airport at around 11.30am on the Friday that would be greatly appreciated. Please respond by private message, of course I would pay for the petrol + a bit extra. Failing that, some advice on what bus/train services I need to catch to get to Moorabbin by say 1.30pm or 2pm would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David Davies
(New Zealand)

Dear David,

From Melbourne Airport to Moorabbin it would take roughly i think depending on when you arrive maybe 1 hour to 1 and a half hours. i would be more than happy to pick you up and drive you to moorabbin but i will send you a private message following this email.

Please contact me via private message or send me an email at
[email protected]

Thanks Chantal Grigsby :p :p

Dear David
There is also the airportbus that stops right out side the bowl. you are able to book then with the travel agent.takes about 2hours by this bus. the only other way is to go to spencer street station and get the frankston line train to moorabbin and the bowl is 5min down the road from their.
thank Leanne

David

The Sky Bus will take you to Spencer street for around $10 - $12.00. Though ask the skybus driver when you get on whether there is a bus that will take you all the way to Moorabbin.

If not, get the Frankston train from Spencer Street Station as it will get you to Moorabbin station and the bowl is directly across Nepean Highway from the station 2 minutes walk away. The train should cost you no more than $5.00 for a one way fare.

I'm sure you will be able to get a ride to your accommodation from one of the bowlers once at the bowl.

Hope you can arrange a pick up from the airport otherwise hope this information helps you.

Good luck and see you at the SPC.

Regards
Terry Silva

Hi Beanie,

Try this... www.fapas.com.au

This is the airport bus for the area. The website will give you fares, timetables, drop off points and the ability to reserve a seat (recommended)

The bus will drop you off at the council buildings which are directly across the road from the bowl.

Hope this helps....

Rebecca Robinson

Beanie
The attached map shows the area from the station or the bus drop off point.

Sumo

Attachments

• AMF Moorabbin.doc
    196 KB · Views: 18
Dear Beanie

Have been waiting on you to contact me, and you haven't as yet.
Please email or pm me.

Chantal :eek:

Hey Beanie

If you would like to know anything about the public transport system you can email or private message me as I work in the public transport industry.

I am also willing to come and pick you up.

Just let us know and we can make arrangements.

Regards
Sandi

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for all your offers of help here, I have now made the required arrangements.

See you all at SPC.

David.

Back
Top Bottom