somebody's doing well then.....

bm2

I'm still standin'
Interesting little excerpt from today's Courier Mail:

"Thrill rides, tenpin bowling and the Wiggles are expected to deliver another year of solid profit growth for Macquarie Leisure Trust.
The owner of the Dreamworld theme park and AMF tenpin bowling alleys yesterday reported a 45% increase in full-year net profit to $25.2 million, and promised investors there was more to come.
With a resurgence anticipated in the popularity of tenpin bowling, the leisure sector investor said yesterday the future was bright.. Macquarie Leisure Management chairman Neil Balnaves was particularly upbeat about the potential for the group's five month old investment in AMF/Bowl Australia.
He said a disciplined focus on operating cost structures would be coupled with a more aggressive marketing strategy targeting birthday parties and corporate groups would help the company strike pay dirt from its tenpin bowling investment.
So far, the AMF/Bowl Australia bowling portfolio has generated $28.5 million in total revenues and $7million in earnings."

May that translate to cheaper league/practice rates? :p
Doubt it, but hey! I will still be at the local anyways! ;)

Dose that mean they will give a little bit of the pie to a very loyal revenue source :-k

Gary............. :cool:

May that translate to cheaper league/practice rates?
Doubt it, but hey! I will still be at the local anyways!

I doubt it. Macquarie Leisure is just like any other listed company. It's aim is to please their shareholders with a steady, moderate rate of earnings and profit growth. When a company releases a bumper result like this, the shareholders will expect more. Therefore, doubtful we will see any real benefits from this, yet as has been said, stranger things have happened.

Just thinking who buy's the $350 + bowling ball's not your walk in's they may pay more per game but are they Bread & Butter ????

Gary......................... :cool:

8 Year's ago!!!!!!!

Have to up date soon............. Before Dee Verr look out........ :p

Gary....................... :cool:

You are right but they are top dollar as they know what they are doing ;)

Gary...................... :cool:

15 pound @ 16 but getting old so may be 15 lb
Got some free beessssssss ??????? :p

Gary.................. :cool:

This was a serious topic now your selling bowling balls??????????

Gary...................... :cool:

dunno mate thats killing the friendship.

these are top quality - well looked after.

and you may even get some hook out of them dude. its gotta be worth the extra $40 bucks

super shiny - love you long time

p/m me if your serious - don't want to get in trouble from the master.

Didn't hear mention of leagues or tenpin the sport, maybe we can bowl a league with a party hat and get the centres interested.

Yes, it does seem like Maquarie Leisure/Bank is doing quite well out of their venture into AMF/Bowl Australia. Well done and good to see it generating some good figures.

I was watching a program on TV on Sunday, Maquarie isn't too popular with some people though. The bank isn't just a goldmine, it owns one or two as well.. They were saying something about ethical behavior.

http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/article_1842.asp

I wouldn't expect any reductions in practice rates. Depending of course, on how much power and utility Roy has.

Back
Top Bottom