Limit 12 bowlers
8 skins
per skin 1st $80, 2nd $40, 2rd $30, 4th $20, 5th $10
Lunch provided.

Please PM me if interested.

ok, so 12 bowlers x $40 is $480.
You are handing out $190 per game = $1520
You are supplying lunch.

You need to mention where the rest of the money is coming from so people can thank them for their generosity. Give credit where it is due - don't be shy.

ok, so 12 bowlers x $40 is $480.
You are handing out $190 per game = $1520
You are supplying lunch.

You need to mention where the rest of the money is coming from so people can thank them for their generosity. Give credit where it is due - don't be shy.

Fair enough. It is actually a Pro-Am hosted by Whale City Bowlers. They make it possible and they will be bowling with us as we compete. We will be able to thank them personally on the day.

Lawrie "Animal" Hill will be there, and has donated something. Thanks to Animal's Pro Shop.

I also approached a local company, they have silently donated some money to the cause.

John Lawton of Maryborough Tenpin has agreed to host and run the event.

I have approached bowlers (they asked for some specifically) and asked them to take part.

Garth Twedell is in charge of the Whale City Bowlers. It is mainly because of him that this event is on each year. I would be happy to PM you his email or mobile number if you wish to thank him yourself.

I wont be bowling so not up to me to thank them but it is always a good idea to give ppl some thanks and free advertising if they pitch in. We could all use more sponsors etc for things.

Just let everyone know the Whale City Bowlers are Maryborough's Disabled bowlers.
The joy on there faces when they get to bowl with some of QLD's elite bowlers is what this tourny is all about, not the money.
Thanks to all the sponser's as we can't do any of this without them and Stuart for all his hard work getting all the bowler's to come and compete with the disabeld bolwer's.

Just let everyone know the Whale City Bowlers are Maryborough's Disabled bowlers.
The joy on there faces when they get to bowl with some of QLD's elite bowlers is what this tourny is all about, not the money.
Thanks to all the sponser's as we can't do any of this without them and Stuart for all his hard work getting all the bowler's to come and compete with the disabeld bolwer's.

So why keep it quiet? We should be promoting stuff like that.

Second time in 2 days I am going to say something is good for the sport.

So why keep it quiet? We should be promoting stuff like that.

Second time in 2 days I am going to say something is good for the sport.

I'm not exactly sure what you would like us to promote. We bowled together. We had a great day, the Whale City Bowlers had a great day. Everyone went home happy (and tired). We'll do it all again next year.

I didn't start this thread to promote a tournament, I started it because it is an invitational skins and I wanted to guage interest from bowlers who I don't get to see very often, as well as those who I had not thought of. I wanted to get a few different guys this year. Thanks to Phillip "Cheat!" Fagg, "Nifty" Nev Castle, Lawrie "Animal" Hill, Darryl "Sister" Alford and Peter "Miffy" Mifsud", we had some people they had not seen bowl before.

As I said before, the people who deserve thanks are John Lawton for letting his bowl be taken over for the day, and Garth. Garth makes it all possible, organizes the event, looses sleep etc.

There's not much to say that wasn't said during the day in person.

Thanks to all that came and made me come out of retirement after 6 months,
had a great day and sure I will feel it tomorrow.
Thanks to Hammer for all the great prizes and extra money put into the tourny.
Special thanks to Garth for all the extra cash.
kristy and mark

Hello,

Sorry I couldn't make it this year, hope sounds like it all went really well. If you have any events like this in the future please let me know. I had such a great time last year!

Back
Top Bottom