Burdekin Bowl Skins

Venue : Burdekin Bowl
Date : Saturday 23rd February 2008
Time : 5:30pm Checkin / Bowl 6:00pm
Entry : $80.00
Games : 10 Games
Skins : $200 cash for each Skin

Entries will be taken on this thread once a Deposit of $40 has been recieved. Entries limited to 30 bowlers.

There Will be prizes for 1st 2nd 3rd Overall, and Bar incentives given away throughout the night.

Hey Frankie,

What a great format, if people don't turn up for this then they have rocks in their heads.

Put me down as a definate starter. I will send my deposit in the next couple of days.

Cheers

Tubby :D:D

Do you guys actually realise that this event clashes with arguably the biggest event of the year?

How on earth can you justify running a skins tournament in the same state on the same day as the Ebonite Sport Bowling Final?

I strongly urge a date change.

QLD is pretty big place Tonx... i don't think there will to much of a problem with a clash. I believe Burdekin is up near Townsville in the top end of Qld!

That's not really the point ganopes ...

If people dont support events like this ... they end up disappearing.

Running a skins on the same weekend might only take away one or two bowlers, but it is still taking them away from something that people have put a lot of hard work and effort into.

Marto.

Tonx is absolutely right.
It is extremely difficult to obtain sponsors of any sort let alone this calibre and we should do all we can to support them.
I would also strongly urge that the date be reconsidered.

Ok guys I Don't want to get into a slanging match with you, but you have asked for justification so I will give you the courtesy.

Firstly this is the second time we have had to change the date for our skins due to the month of March, April & May been full on the North Queensland Calendar.

Secondly in May of this year our Centre will be holding the North Queensland Championships & Masters. This tournament is the largest tournament on the North Queensland Calendar. We are trying to hold the skins to give our local North Queenslanders a chance to bowl and have a practice in our centre on our conditions leading up to the Championships & Masters.

If this is the biggest event of the year I do not believe that our small tournament is going to effect the success of the Ebonite Sport Bowling Final. It maybe in the same state on the same day but our centres are 1331km away from each other.

We wish all those associated with the Ebonite Sports Bowling Final all the best for their up coming tournament

Thanks for your interest in our skins we will consider you for our next one later in the year.

Frank & Angelo Nucifora

Entries as of 11/1/2008

1) Joseph Nucifora
2) Angelo Nucifora
3) Frank Nucifora
4) Marisa Astorquia
5) Mick Scuderi
6) Sam Scuderi
7) Steven Ellul
8) Steven Hunt
9) Shane Rossberg
10) Trent Bosel

Thanks

Frank

Hot off the Press

Leyton Hewitt is not going the Australian Open because of a little pennant tournament in Mildura...

Tiger Woods is playing golf with us in Sth QLD later this year, instead of playing the US Open, and the entire QLD state of origin rugby league team is playing local footy instead of playing against NSW this year in the origin...

Oh and Former Formula 1 world champion Michael Schumacher might not be back in the F1 paddock for a while for Ferrari, but he will be probably spotted at Karting tracks around Australia next year as the German joined forces with the KSN Karting team...;)

Hey Jase that was hilarious.

If you guys are worried about our incy wincy teeny weeny tournament taking bowlers away from your HUGE tournament (no disrespect to the organisers of The Ebonite Tournament) , then you have a big problem;)

Frank

Entries as of 11/1/2008

1) Joseph Nucifora
2) Angelo Nucifora
3) Frank Nucifora
4) Marisa Astorquia
5) Mick Scuderi
6) Sam Scuderi
7) Steven Ellul
8) Steven Hunt
9) Shane Rossberg
10) Trent Bosel
11) Wayne Johnstone

Thanks

Frank

how has this turned out to be a joke about jase's golf. focus back on what the thread was originally posted for, a skins tournament in burdekin. it is a shame that it's being held on the same weekend as the "ebonite" as im sure some bowling at surfers would have looked at coming but with what frankie wrote ill agree knowing they have previously changed the dates with what else is happening in the nq region and also giving nq bowlers a chance to bowl there before nth qld intercity. hopefully with the interest this skins is showing this could be the start of having something bigger in the future.

Entries as of 12/1/2008

1) Joseph Nucifora
2) Angelo Nucifora
3) Frank Nucifora
4) Marisa Astorquia
5) Mick Scuderi
6) Sam Scuderi
7) Steven Ellul
8) Steven Hunt
9) Shane Rossberg
10) Trent Bosel
11) Wayne Johnstone