SHOOT OUT on the Tenpin Bowling Show

AMF Woodville has been selected for the first televised SHOOT OUT.

There will be a separate mens and ladies division, with the winners from each going head to head in the final.
Due to the incredible interest in this event, we may have to place a limit to the number of bowlers who can participate, as anyone is welcome to compete regardless of whatever your average!
All participants will need to agree having themselves broadcast on TV across Australia and distributed on DVD by the ABPA to Australian & New Zealand bowling centres for display on their in-house screens.
Any persons not 18yrs of age at the time of filming will require written permission from their parent or guardian.
Brenton Davy is currently calculating the entry fee, and all of the prize amounts on a percentage basis.
Full details will be available on this forum after Sunday. Once the details have been released we can start to accept applications.

We are planning on holding SHOOT-OUTS as regular events, after selected tournaments in as many Australian states as possible.
This should end up being a very exciting nail biting format.

This week a major beverage company became the latest addition to sponsor the show. Details shortly......

TOTALBOWLING is thanked & acknowledged for providing this forum.

Apologies to Totalbowling and forum readers but we have had to change the date of the shoot-out yet again!
After many phone calls trying to please everyone we have settled on the 20th of July, AMF Woodville, 12pm to 2pm.
The difficulty I had trying to find a day & time for this event is because this event involves juniors, youth, seniors, disabilities, male, female, in fact the whole field of bowlers..
NOT desirable to have a youth tournament running at the same time in the same centre, or even a seniors event at a different centre, no parties wanting lanes, corperate events, or leagues.

Big thanks to Issac at Woodville for managing to rearrange other bookings to allow us to have the 20th.
I am negotiating with a local company to have the prize fund increased.

Tony Drexel.
Tenpin Bowling Show.

Only problem with the 13th July is the seniors AGM and tournament at norwood which would affect a few bowlers like myself, brenton davy , colin hunt....plus others

thanks

Tony

I've already committed to the Shoot-Out Tony as part of my commitment to the Tenpin Bowling Show. Just not sure whether bowling or purely working on the production.

Tony,
I know it is the same time as the seniors but if this goes well, and I dont see why not, we will have many more though-out the year, and at different centres through-out Australia..
As stated above, it is difficult to find an available date and location 'especially with school holidays starting in South Australia, then there are the bowling parties, tournaments and corporate events to try to work around'.
Tony

Details of the SHOOT-OUT for the 20th of July 2008 at AMF Woodville 12pm to 2pm

Any questions about format please direct to Brenton Davy.
Please indicate attendance by reply to this thread or Phone Tony on 0414 885 982

http://users.on.net/ftass/Shoot_out.pdf

Tony Drexel
Tenpin Bowling Show

Shoot_out.jpg

I see this has been moved to the 20th.

Also do I read it right that after 1 frame if your the lowest you are eliminated.

thanks

tony

Thats correct Tony.
You may only get one chance so don't go for a taxi!

Date changed to the 20th after much deliberation to attempt to satisfy all.

Everyone who takes part in the Shoot-out will receive a DVD of the entire event once it has been put on TV, and everyone will be filmed.

Not really concerned with gathering names for the event.
After putting posters up and talking to many interested bowlers we could have a packed house, especially considering that Woodville is also hosting a youth tournament in the main section that is due to finish as we are about to start.

I may also have a sponsor for this event, which will increase the prize fund considerably. Details in the next couple of days...

Purchased ANOTHER Sony Hi-Definition camera today to get even closer shots of the pins falling over themselves.
Got to feel sorry for those pins!

Tony Drexel
Tenpin Bowling Show.

Back
Top Bottom