Sharp Youth is going ahead

Easy Tiger

Hi all,

Well some wonderful news, after ringing Greenslopes just now I can confirm that the Nationally Ranked Sharp Youth Tournament is going ahead this year.

The details are:

2 Squads - Squad A checkin at 12:30 pm, bowl 1 pm, Squad B checkin I think is 5:30 pm, bowl 6 pm.

Entry Fee - $150

Date - 15th & 16th October 2005
Venue - AMF Greenslopes Lanes, Brisbane.

Format - All bowlers bowl 12 games qualifying on Day One in their chosen squad. There is a matchplay final on the Sunday, I believe this is the top 16 .

Remember that this is a TBA Nationally Ranked Youth Event.

Entry Forms should be out tomorrow. Ring AMF Greenslopes Lanes on 07 3397 6191 to place your entry and squad preference. Please support youth bowling in Queensland.

Cheers,
Tim Reichel.

Can we put our names down on here or do we need to send an entry form in... When I get it... :p

Leeshy,

The entry form for Sharp is now available HERE Better late than never :)

In regard to posting entries here - apparantly yes they are accepting names from this site. So leave your name and squad preference here, or call Greenslopes on 07 3397 6191.

Samael, the age cut off for youth events is 23 years of age. According to the entry form for Sharp, if you are no older than 23 years of age at the time of the tournament (15 & 16th October), then you are ellible to bowl. However, according to the TBA Rankings policy if you turn 23 anytime before the 1st of January of the current year (2005) then you are inelligible to bowl. But according to this entry form that is not so. I think the centre/AMF has made a mistake with this entry form and perhaps need to review that condition.. after all, this is a ranked event, so they must go by TBA ranking policy.

Hope to see some great numbers for this tournament.

Cheers,
Tim.

On the entry form it said you must be no older then 23? I wish it would have a date to go off like most entry forms do. :S
I have just turned 23 I take it i'm right to bowl?

Since it is a youth ranked tournament I should be able to bowl but with what it says on the form i'm unsure.

hello could you please put shaun dunn in a squad and melissa dunn in b squad

thanks

Bowler said:
On the entry form it said you must be no older then 23? I wish it would have a date to go off like most entry forms do. :S
I have just turned 23 I take it i'm right to bowl?

Since it is a youth ranked tournament I should be able to bowl but with what it says on the form i'm unsure.

Hi Bowler,

If you have turned 23 anytime after 1st January 2005 you are fine to bowl in this event. As I said in my earlier post, I believe AMF/Greenslopes have made a mistake on the entry form with that condition. It's a ranked youth tournament, therefore the TBA ranking policies must apply. Therefore it should be safe to assume that if you turned 23 anytime before 1st January 2005, you would not be elligible to bowl.

But, as you turned 23 this year, you are elligible to bowl.

I am hoping we can get a squad listing here soon..

Hopefully you can repeatyour magnificent twin tours efforts at greenslopes tim

Ducati 851 said:
Hopefully you can repeatyour magnificent twin tours efforts at greenslopes tim

Yes I was quite pleased with my effort :rolleyes: first block 133 then 240, then last block 225 155... That's how my day went. I believe that's the first time that you've ever beaten me in a tournament Mr Miller ;) And you only averaged 178 :)

Are you bowling Sharp Shannon? :D

Back
Top Bottom