senior shield 2010

gidget

can anyone confirm what date senior shield is to be held this year? need time to organize time off work:confused:

The Senior Shield will be conducted in accordance with the following calendar:

2010 SHEPPARTON
2011 COLAC
2012 LATROBE VALLEY
2013 GEELONG
2014 BENDIGO
2015 SALE
2016 BALLARAT

It will be held on the second weekend in November of each year.
mws

Good luck to all the "oldies" who will be converging on Shepparton this weekend for Senior shield. 10 teams (2 from Shepparton) - one round of 9 games.

Just wondering if there are any seniors heading up to Shepparton this weekend via Melbourne or outskirts that may be able to take a couple of boxes up with them?? Will be happy to supply a thank you of alcohol or other beverage to show my gratitude.

The deliveree will be able to collect the boxes from the bowl at Shep so no need to take any further.

Please pm me or give me a ring on my mobile 0428 361228 if you are able to assist in any way..

Many thanks, Jane.

Final standings

Overall

68 Geelong
65.5 Colac
65 Warrnambool
62 Bendigo
55 Latrobe Valley
53.5 Shepparton
48 Shepparton 2
45 Albury
42.5 Ballarat
35.5 Sunraysia

Men

35 Bendigo
34.5 Geelong
34 Albury
32 Colac
31.5 Latrobe Valley
25 Warrnambool
22.5 Shepparton
22.5 Shepparton 2
21 Ballarat
12 Sunraysia

Women

40 Warrnambool
33.5 Geelong
33.5 Colac
31 Shepparton
27 Bendigo
25.5 Shepparton 2
23.5 Latrobe Valley
23.5 Sunraysia
21.5 Ballarat
11 Albury

All Stars

Marin Ticaci - Albury 200
John Anderson - Albury 194
Wayne Mills - Latrobe Valley 194
David Farquharson - Bendigo 192

Sharon Sturk - Latrobe Valley 183
Shirley Muxworthy - Geelong 180
Sherene Sheen - Warrnambool 180
Christine Clark - Bendigo 176

High Games

Michael Kellow Bendigo 267
Bernie Cubitt 236

Congrats to all bowlers, it was a great weekend.

Congratulations to all who participated as from a spectator view the bowling was great and a lot of fun and friendship had by all.

Well Done Bendigo men, great effort girls.

Wish we could have been there to cheer you on, it was close.

Thanks Paige for posting standings. We have been watching forum all weekend waiting for some scores.

Tracey & Pat

Sorry about not putting up scores..... I didn't think about it until the end....lol. Otherwise I would of tried....

In the end the final standings I had to post via my iPhone as the bowl's internet was down.... go figure!!

ps Who said old people can't pole dance??!!

ps Who said old people can't pole dance??!!
Isn't it amazing what some people will do for a dollar (or 5!)

I have uploaded a copy of all standings and scores from the weekend for those that are interested.

The final standing sheets did not have individual points. If you have them and want to send - go for it.

Also if anyone has results from years 1994 - 2001 can you please contact me.

Attachments

• 2010_Senior_Shield.pdf
    81.7 KB · Views: 59
Two teams from Shep none from Horsham.To bad if you live in the wrong country town.
I'm not privvy to all the facts, but my best guess would be that because Wodonga pulled out due to lack of accomodation it was easier to get another local team at short notice rather than invite horsham at short notice when they would struggle to get accomodation.

It was a weird weekend with a triathlon on in town and everything fully booked - Geelong stayed 30k's away in Dookie at the ag college and someone else stayed 40k's away in Nagambie.

Like i said this might not be correct but that would be the logical reason why a second shep team played rather than an invite to Horsham

No accommodation at junior one either i suppose.
Don't know anything about the junior one - i didn't bowl :). I just gave an opinion about why i thought Shep had a second team rather than Horsham being invited to senior shield.

it seems that Horsham is being excluded from Senior Shield for one reason or another..how about shedding some light on the reason or even better..INVITING HORSHAM to the events.

Back
Top Bottom