Sending out an SOS to all NSW Girls

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels
To all girls under the age of 21 who have ever dreamt of representing there State at Tenpin Bowling, I am calling you....

With only one week to go before entries close for this years East Coast Cup, Team NSW is facing the problem of perhaps not fielding a team in the Girls division due to lack of interest.

I understand that Presidents shield went thru a similar problem this year too. What is going on?

I know that one of my dreams was to try out and make the NSW team for either associations, and have never regretted the decision to do it.

I don't have too much trouble getting girls to bowl GrandPrixs and they are competing against the boys, this is to compete against other girls and to prove that NSW is bettter than Victoria & Queensland.

East Coast is an experience you will never experience anywhere else. Some of our biggest names have bowl in at least one East Coast Cup somewhere along the line.

If we don't have the talented Junior/Youth bowlers of today showing there desire to represent there state, they were does it leave the future of our game?

For more information please contact Barbara Marcollini on (02) 45791035.

Glenn Rowland
on behalf of East Coast Cup 2004.

Hey only oneday left until enteries close for east coast challenge cup
east coast is one of the greatest competion's get to meet an make friends from other state's an a great time bowling an really does improve ur skill's as bowling in team's an ur self we really need the girls division to have a team to get behind them an cheer them on...if anyone girl'sout there or anyone who know's anyone in that fact who would like to try out for this pls pls get in an call barbara
thanx

Hey im sorry i got it wrong enteries dont close for another week so girl's hope we can get full team's plenty of ppl for u to talk to an plenty of guy's an girls

Hey jen jen
well the roll off an championship's r held at blacktown bowl this yr i aint sure of the exact date's but u make the team this yr we r heading to sunshine in victoria an cost is $180 i pretty sure

Jen-Jen we r heading to Sunshine, Victoria this yr for a wk at end of sep.........come on nsw girls u can do it.......we struggled for girls this yr.......this is by far the best state team to b in.......u have so much fun, while representing ur state, the chance to go away for it and u make so many friends its awesum.........i no there r girls there that have bowled either in the past or have been thinking bout doing it........this is ur yr girls come on

Hey jen-jen
we are all hoping ur folk's say a big yes cause we really need some girl's an the accomidation isnt dear like president shield an all that it's a great time to have fun an to bowl hope we get a a nice answer
later's

Just in reply to what Mr GrandPrixs said about shield having a lack of interest and "whats going on?"

Its the time, the cost, the bitchiness, bullshit......
I work and for people my age its hard to bowl, my jobs more important than shield.
I went to brisbane in 2001 and bowled individually and it cost me(not including spending money) around 950 dollars!!
Not just because of the older ones leaving, but look at shield this yr, its mostly 13-16 yr olds and hardly anyone from 16-18, THEY WORK! The other ones are in jnr high school and arnt old enough to work and their mums pay for them. They get over shield and that, you cant just bowl cos everyone says "c'mon, you did it last yr, it'll be awsome".
And, just for the girls, EVERY year in EVERY team its the girls.. they bitch, they fight, they backstab, they lie its ridiculous, they cant live in a hotel for a week without fighting about little shitty things....i no, i was one of em,lol!
Im going to apply for a traineeship tomorrow and if that starts when nats is on then ill be pissed, but ill get over it, theres always next year...

I mean i loved shield, it was a great experience for me, if i could i would do it again maybe but at some point you have to get over it and get on with your life, i bowled in it for 2 years... when someone leaves someone comes so it all works out...

Personally i think oppinions dont matter in shield your say is last and i dont feel that its really herd.

Well thats why i think theres a lack of interest....

Now im just going to wait and read that everyone will disagree with everything i just said,lol...

Damn straight people will disagree lozz, your a good friend, but what you said is your oppinion and not many would share it.

Not many 16-18 year olds miss out on shield to work lozz, thats just what your doing, to YOU, work is more important, but to us people that are dedicated to our sport, shield is the pinnacle level of junior bowling. And dont make assumptions:

a$s-u-me
You'll make an a$s out of you and me!

This is my 2nd year going away with the team and i've payed for at least 80% of the costs, purely because im passionate about the sport and would do just about anything to bowl it.

You said you got over it and want to get on with your life? Well for some, bowling is one of the most important things in their life, you have your whole life to work, you can't bowl shield after your 18.

Your oppinion is valid and your are entitled to it, but just don't expect ANYONE to agree with it, bowling obviously isn't on the top of your priorities, for some of us it is.

I don't mean to take a stab at you, im just laying it out as I see.

Later
Michael McDonald

Can I grab a number or an email addy of someone I can contact for exact costs and dates please?
Also, I agree with what Macca said cuz I also contribute to my own bowling costs coz I am passionate bout the sport.

hey jen jen
to get the exact an full detail's ring barbara marcollini on (02)45791035 barb take's all entries an everything she know's exactly everything u will need to no about east coast entrie is $180
the champion ship's for under 21's will be held in a few weeks ova the weekend of 12th an 13th an the masters on the 14th of june
then the roll off for the teams is held on the 27th of june
thanx hope u give barb a call an she will give u full details of what u need to know

Now what the hell was lozz on about what does this have to do with president shield this is about asking ppl to come join east coast this yr there's no need to go about b####ing ova somthing this topic isnt related on

Hey all,
i just want to say that i have bowled in ECCC for queensland for 2 yrs and this will be my third...i have neva been in a competition this great before...i agree that there is alot of bitchyness and back-stabbing but you do have fun despite it...especially when you get to go away...it does cost alot of money and yeah you do get stuck in the bowling alley alot...but when you make so many more friends and you get out there and compete for your state you really enjoy yourself...i wouldnt trade ECCC for anything else...its a great experience.

what's east coast challenge? can anyone enter or is it only available to the "in" people through word of mouth? i dont ever recall it being advertised ......ever.
is it possible to get an entry form or 3 sent to lismore and ballina? there are some up and comming juniors in ballina nowdays and maybe they might be interested.

and,
i don't think it's fair of you all to dismiss lozz's opinion like that. i know a lot of young women who have had to make the same choice.
just because a job isn't valuable to YOU doesn't mean you can or should dismiss it as important to others.

PATRICK
East coast challenge cup this will be the 26th yr of it iam sure of there is open men's graded mens open ladies graded ladies seniours/under 21 open boys graded boys under 21 girls graded girls
open is scratch graded is with handicap
top 7 of each teams represents nsw either at there own state or qld or vic in early october this yr eccc is held at victoria
our championship's an roll off's for the teams are finsihed now
most center's get entry form's but i dont think many centre's along distance get them i dont no if they do or why the dont but it not up to me to do thing's iam a bowler not a director lol
so think that rpas up things

an u backing up lozz this is about east coast challenge cup not bloody shield we where tryen toget girls an she is going on about shield so she got what she deserved

Back
Top Bottom