SAJYC - Salisbury Results

BOBBA

aka "Dragohan"
Hi All,

Please find attached the results from the first SAJYC event for 2008 held at Salisbury Bowland. Also the current rankings will be attached.

We had a pretty good turnout considering it was Mother's Day and the short notice leading up to the event with a total of 25 bowlers for the day. The juniors were out in force with 15 male and 4 female allowing for separate divisions. Youth numbers were a little low at 6 with only 1 female represented.

Congratulations to all the winners and cashers for yesterday's event with great sportsmanship shown by all for most of the day and close competition across the board.

Thank you to all the bowlers who turned up to make the event a good one, Lyn and Robert Alexander for running the event, Salisbury Bowland for hosting the event and finally the Dads and especially Mums that supported the bowlers on what we hope was a wonderful Mother's Day.

The next event will be held at AMF Norwood on the 29th June and the Youth division will see a Step Ladder final for this event. Entry forms for the Norwood event have already started to filter out to centres so keep an eye out for those and as always the entry form will be posted onto Totalbowling.com.au at a date a little closer to the event. We hope to see as many bowlers and even more at Norwood so spread the word to all your bowling buddies.

Attachments

• Salisbury Results .PDF
    29.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Rankings Salisbury .pdf
    10.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for that Bobba and to all the organisers.

James Wragg (my son) is only 12 but is made to feel very welcome. yesterday he bowled with Shane Tunna all day and Shane went out of his way to make James feel at home. Thanks Shane, truly wonderful.

I encourage all the young bowlers to have a go here. James was very nervous the first time he tried the SAJYC but Bobba, Louie, Zac et al made him feel welcome and part of the event.

Yesterday James averaged 172 (one really proud Dad here) with his first ever back to back 200s. I don't think this would have happened so early without him being made to feel so welcome and thus having the courage to have a go.

Come on kids get out and have a try, you bowl with best in the State and get to meet them and talk to them over 6 games.

Des
PS: Can't make this post without thanking the super coach Brian Hutchison.

Great to hear James did so well. Des, you better watch ya back, he'll be rollin' you soon enough!

Kudos to the guys mentioned above, Shane, Louie, Bobba, Zac (sorry if I missed anyone) for making the kids feel welcome, you should feel proud of yourselves.

Maybe SA will start to attract more juniors when being shown the way by people with the correct attitudes.

The turnout for the first event (even though it was Mother's Day) is very encouraging. Took me 2 events and a lot of promoting to get that number of entrants!!

What do you mean rolling me soon? He rolled 226 on Thursday to my poor little 203. That's twice now that he has beaten when I bowled over 200!!

Seriously though, the post wasn't about James. It was about the tremendous support he receives when he bowls in the SAJYC.

All juniors should get out and enjoy this event. It is well run, well supported and has a great atmosphere.

Get out and see why the best in the State are the best in the State. See what they do in competition and what makes them so good. Have a bowl against the state bowlers and see how you compare in competition. All the young bowlers are well supported and encouraged (the roar that Daniel Pellegrini got last year when he rolled his first 200 was fantastic).

It doesn't hurt, you have fun and you get to do some more bowling. Come on kids take part in this great comp.

Greetings from Japan!!!

This is fantastic news to hear!! I`m so glad James is back bowling the circuit again this year Des and that he is receiving some great support from the more experienced bowlers. Thanks guys for doing this!! I truly believe in this circuit as a pathway for younger bowlers in this state and thats why I will always be willing to help organise this thing every year. I do thank Bobba for taking on the role this year, as I think its important that we keep this going so we can build up SA bowling to be a power house in the country once again. I still remember winning back-to-back Shield medals and how great that felt and I only wish that some of the youngers guys will get this feel, and the only way how is through something like this circuit!! So guys keep supporting it and in the long term its going to turn out for the better, not just for everyone on an individual basis but also for the good of Tenpin Bowling in the state!!!

Thanks to everyone for having a go again and get out there and have a go!!

Dion

Back
Top Bottom