SA Junior/Youth Circuit

Freddie

Have a few questions. How long has this been going? I'm fairly sure it didn't exist 5-6 years ago when I was a junior, but I could be wrong. Certainly seems like a good way to get younger bowlers used to bowling in 'proper' tournament conditions. What's the turnout like? My brother and I are interested in showing up for at least a few of the events over the next few months (Junior and Youth respectively), just unsure if it's worth the time/effort/expense :)

freddie, its been a while since i bowled in one of these tournaments but its definately well worth being a part of, i competed in the first year that it began when its wasnt as well known and not as big, from what i hear the series has grown well and now has a good turnout at every tournament.

if your serious about the sport in this state you will support the SAJYC and compete in the tournaments, they're fun competitive and you even make a little cash ;) if your good enough :p

so get on down and give it a go, the people that run it are both lovely and professional.

good luck and high scoring ;)

spence :cool:

well i havnt bowled since under 23s 2003 and if ne one can tell me when these tourneys are held and where it would be greatly appreciated

im out

Welcome Back Pauly! There's heaps of new Storms from 2003 to now you must be itching to drill up:p

Hey Paul the next circuit is on the 8th of October at Barossa Bowl. It would be great to see you there. Its 9.30 check-in for 9.45 start.

Dion

If youth turnout is anything like Village, I wouldn't bother :eek: 3 people showed up, and I think the winner made $3, which might have covered his fuel costs. Juniors seemed a fair bit better (15? 17?), but it looked like half the PS teams were there only because they had training afterwards :|

hi all,
the youth section of the event normally has a better turn out, but Adult state masters were on the same time as the youth circuit at village, which explains the low turnout, but remember sometimes its not about the money, but the fact that someone is trying to get out there and orgainse some form of competition for the junior/youth bowlers of this state.
thanks kez

Aye, it's good that there is a useful tournament series for junior/youth. I know when I was a junior there were the usual Easter/Xmas (no-tap power!) tournaments, state championships, and Intercentres... and that was about it. It's quite a shock going from that to an adult tournament :) Not sure if I will be there on the weekend, I know my brother is planning to go, maybe he'll be nice and pay my entry fee too ;)

It actually isnt too bad. Besides the travelling required for a few places, its a gr8 competition. Prize money depends on how many ppl turn up for each section (Junior Guys, Junior Girls, Youth) Each section gets their own prize money. Bowling @ Barossa was an experience im sure i wont 4get.. (probably coz i bowled so badly...)
The next one is on November 6th (my birthday. yay!) @ Cross Road Bowl. Hope to see some more people turn up!

Yeah, I bowled in the Village one, it seemed decent enough. Couldn't be bothered getting up earlyish and going to Barossa yesterday, though my brother says it was amusingly dry and I would have loved it :)

the one that bowled like sh*t :) Phil

should have stayed home, screwed shoulder, but my fault that I bowled with it, so my fault I bowled badly :)

The lanes were a tad on the dry side, Tavis at the end was bowling with his spare ball, scores were pretty low all across the divisions, think Tavis won Youth with 150 avg, Shane for Juniors with 170 or something, didnt see the girls avg's.

Back
Top Bottom