Running a Raffle Draw during bowling?

alexnjudy

TotalBowler
Just a question that was brought to me last saturday. Is it illegal to sell Raffle Tickets during bowling? Do we need a permit? If it is how many of us still running it during the league/tournament? There must be some kind of rules to this.
Thanks
Alex

As long as the raffle is ran same day, or within 8 hours from first ticket sold, AND the raffle prize fund is under $500, it is perfectly legal.

Yeah they still run them in each of the leagues down here for bottles of spirits or chocolates etc to raise funds for State teams and what-not.
Drawn about an hour after they start selling them and there's never been any problems in all the years I've known them to be run with regard to needing permits etc.

For some of the bigger ones that are sold for a long period of time before they are drawn like Tonx mentioned you need a permit, I know we did at the Football Club for quite a few of them over the years and so did some of the big ones done by the Tassie Tourers in the past.

Well, i wrote to Victorian Commission Gambling Regulation ( VCGR ) regarding the Raffle Draws and here is their responds.
Please be advised that any minor gaming activity such as the conduct of a Raffle may only be conducted by organisations that have been declared as a community or charity organisation by the Victorian Commission for Gambling Regulation.
A permit is required when the total prize pool exceeds $5000. However regardless of the prize pool the organisation must still be declared.

Regards,
Alex

Just another fund raiser.......................................................for the government!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom